What's New the week of March 10, 2014
Defects fixed the week of March 10, 2014
- DE20127 - Release and Iteration specific apps don't load properly on a custom page filtered by release or iteration
Contacting Customer Support
To contact Rally Customer Support, click the Support link in the lower left corner of the Rally application.
What's New the week of March 3, 2014
Filter Kanban Board contents by an iteration or release
When the Kanban Board is added to a custom page filtered by an iteration or release, the app will only display cards based on the iteration or release selected in the drop-down at the top of the page.
Copy users and permissions when creating a child project
Subscription, workspace, and project admins may now choose to automatically copy users and their permissions from a parent project when creating a child project.
To create a new child project and copy users:
- Click the Setup icon in the menu bar of Rally.
- Select the Workspaces & Projects summary page.
- To the right of the project you want to designate as the parent, select the Create Child Project for... icon. An editor window displays.
- Enter details to define your new child project.
- Select the Copy Users check box.
- Select Save & Close.
- The user permissions settings that exist in the parent project will be copied into the new project. This process runs in the background, and may take some time to complete.
Default project permissions for new users
Subscription and workspace admins may set a default permission for all projects in a workspace. The selected default will display in the user editor window when creating a new user.
Rally Portfolio Manager: New portfolio item fields
- You can enter a Refined Estimate to reflect an updated estimate during capacity planning as more is known about the features being planned.
- The Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF) Score is a prioritization method that many Program Managers and PMOs use to choose which features to schedule soonest. The WSJF score must be manually entered and calculated.
What's New the week of February 24, 2014
Project Admin role
We've made it easier to manage large projects and teams by introducing the new Project Admin role. Subscription and workspace admins may designate one or more users to administer a project by choosing this role when setting project permissions.
Project Admins have the ability to:
Project Admins may also create new users in their projects when a subscription admin enables the Project Admins Can Create New Users option from the subscription settings page.
New Web Services API query for collections
Previously it was not possible to write a query to get all stories with defects or all defects without any tags. Rally has enhanced Web Services API queries, allowing you to query on a collection whether or not is empty.
User stories without defects
(Defects.ObjectID = null)
User stories with defects
(Defects.ObjectID != null)
Defects without tags
(Tags.ObjectID = null)
Defects that have tags
(Tags.ObjectID != null)
Defects fixed the week of February 24, 2014
- DE18659 - Changes are not applied when multi-editing the Schedule State field on the Quality -> Defects page
What's New the week of February 10, 2014
Defects fixed the week of February 10, 2014
- DE18046 - Some users unable to re-rank child stories on a User Stories custom view
What's New the week of February 3, 2014
Defects fixed the week of February 3, 2014
- DE19420 - Shared Kanban board does not display for some users