View Build Status
CA Agile Central's connectors to your build and SCM (Source Code Management) systems enable you to connect your work items in CA Agile Central to your build and SCM work items. This connection allows you to identify changesets associated with stories and defects, and also provides analytics data that you can use to gain insights about your build health, file churn, and code quality.
View build status includes:
- Enable Build and SCM traceability
- Build status
- Work item traceability to build and changeset data
- Display reports on your dashboard
- Scope settings
Enable Build and SCM traceability
- Click Setup mode.
- Click the Workspaces & Projects tab.
- Click the name of the workspace you want to administer.
- Click Actions and select Edit.
- On the General tab, select the option for Enable Build and Changeset.
- Click Save & Close.
- Build Failure: At least one build has failed in your project scope.
- Build Success: All builds in your project scope have succeeded.
- Build Unknown: An indeterminate result has been associated with a build in your project scope.
- Build Incomplete: At least one build in your project scope is incomplete.
- No Status Shown: There are no builds associated with projects in your scope.
The build status indicator is located at the upper-right of the page, below the search form:
Work item traceability to build and changeset data
Click the links in the Changeset sidebar to view the information in your SCM system.
Display reports on your dashboard
Create reports that show details related to your builds, changesets, and repositories using custom grid panels in your dashboard. There are five objects that relate to Build and SCM traceability:
- Build Definition
- SCM Repository
For each panel, choose an object and select fields to display. Use a combination of these panels to present the information you want to track.
You may choose between Global Project and Specific Project scoping options. The Global Project setting follows the scoping you set using your Workspace and Project picker at the top-left of the page. You may set specific project scoping for a dashboard panel by choosing the Specific Project setting and indicating the desired project:
The following charts help you identify possible issues around build and source code management:
- Build Health Chart
- Build Health by Iteration Chart
- Top Files by Changes Chart
- Top Files by Defects Chart
Your scope settings that default to the Workspace and Project picker settings help CA Agile Central filter the data you see in pages, charts, and reports. Analytics for build and SCM data sometimes require a departure from your project scoping so that charts provide you with meaningful information:
- Builds are identified by looking both up and down your project hierarchy regardless of your project scope setting. In the the Top Files by Changes Chart, files are scoped to all builds associated with the workspace.
- Builds that do not fall within an iteration are grouped with the last iteration that occurs before the build date.
- Build status reports the condition of builds associated only with the project in scope. It does not honor the up-down scope settings for the project hierarchy.