Extend CA Agile Central With Apps
An app allows for the combination of data from more than one source into a single, integrated page within CA Agile Central. CA Agile Central offers custom apps and managed apps. A catalog of managed apps is available to CA Agile Central users. These managed apps can be easily installed in custom pages within CA Agile Central, or on your dashboard.
Extending CA Agile Central using apps includes the following:
- Apps Not In Agile Central to Go
- Create a Custom Page and Add Apps
- Edit Custom Page Settings
- App Basics
- Custom Apps
- Community App Catalog
- Subscription App Catalog
- App Catalog
Apps Not In Agile Central to Go
The following apps are not available to Agile Central to Go customers because they use Lookback API:
- Cycle Time Chart (Community)
- Cycle Time Data (Community)
- Milestone Burnup
- Milestone Cumulative Flow
- Portfolio Item Burnup
- Portfolio Item Cumulative Flow
- Portfolio Item Scope Change Chart (Community)
- Project Cumulative Flow
- PSI Feature Burnup (Community)
- Release & Iteration Burndown
- Super Customizable CFD (Community)
Create a custom page and add apps
- In the tab where you want to create a custom page, select the + link.
- Enter a Name for the custom page and select Save. Your new custom page displays.
- Select a page layout option. You can always change this setting later.
- Select the Start adding apps link.
- Search or use the Source or Category filters to locate an app from the App Catalog window and select Add.
You can display the apps in a list or by tiles, using the view results toggle:
Edit custom page settings
Use selections from the Actions gear menu to add additional apps to the page, share the page with other users in the workspace, copy the page, or change the layout:
Learn more about working with custom pages.
Use the gear icon at the top of each app to adjust settings or remove the app.
Select the top bar of the app and drag the app into one of the columns. You can drag the app above or below any app that is currently in the column you are moving it to.
View full screen
You can run apps in full screen. To run an app in full screen, select the full screen icon in the top bar of the app.
Each app has its own settings menu. Select the gear icon at the top of the app and select Settings.
Use the Project section to select which projects to collect data from. The Follow Global Project Setting option will use the settings from the Project drop-down.
The options present in the settings menu will vary based on the app. To view available settings and features for an app, select the name in the App Catalog to navigate to the app's help page.
Select the gear icon at the top of the app and select Delete App.
Build custom queries
Learn more about building custom queries.
View custom code
Adjust app height
To increase or decrease the vertical size of an app, select and drag the gripper icon at the bottom of of the pane:
Some apps, such as boards and custom apps, can automatically adjust the vertical space to display all visible data.
To enable this setting:
- Select the gear icon at the top of the app and select Settings.
- In the app settings menu, select the Auto Height checkbox.
The CA Agile Central app catalog also contains customizable apps. You can install these apps to manipulate CA Agile Central data, use your own custom code, or access external web resources.
Install the Custom List (formerly Custom Grid) app to sort and filter CA Agile Central data in a grid-based format.
The Query field in the app settings menu provides you with the ability to filter the data with SQL-style queries through the CA Agile Central Web Services API.
Install the Custom URL app to view external web resources or websites within a custom page: