Upcoming On-Premises Features & Release Schedule
New features and defect fixes proposed for the Rally On-Premises Release 2014.1 may be found in the sections below. Please note that included features and defect fixes are subject to change before a release is finalized. The items below have been released to Rally On-Demand since the 2013.3 On-Premises release.
Rally On Premises 2014.1
Rally strives to release our On-Premises edition approximately once per quarter. It is difficult to predict with precision a release date, because we take our fully tested SaaS application and snapshot it directly into a VM for distribution. There may be synchronization issues between ALM features and On-Premises features that can shift the version of ALM we pick for the release. Once we have a release candidate we take a week to ensure that the release meets our stringent quality requirements.
In order to get you the best date possible for your planning, we will begin building the 2014.1 On-Premises edition release on March 31, 2014. Our experience is that it takes between one week and one month to release after this date. We are working to shorten this time as much as possible, but it has on occasion taken up to a month to release. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work on delivering the highest quality product possible to you.
Unlimited Edition features:
Rally Unlimited Edition includes everything in Rally Enterprise Edition, plus:
- Portfolio management (Rally Portfolio Manager)
- Authentication and security management (Rally Advanced Security and Administration)
- Idea management (Rally Idea Manager)
- Quality management (Rally Quality Manager)
- Time tracking (Rally Time Tracker)
- Enterprise integrations with HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and Salesforce.com (Rally Support Manager)
- Development sandbox for testing apps and integrations on a copy of your production data
Enterprise Edition features:
New Rally visual design
Rally has been updated with a brand new visual design. The new design is cleaner, simpler and more spacious. When you login to Rally, you will notice that the header has been overhauled with new icons and high-contrast colors.
New design overview video
New visual design enhancements
- New header, footer and color scheme
- Header has a smaller vertical footprint, opening up more space for your work
- High-contrast buttons and graphics for easier reading when projecting
- Menus are updated to work well with tablets, with a click (or tap) to activate the primary menu drop down
- Double-click a primary menu item to visit the previous page in that menu
|View your Home page|
|Set your default home page|
Project Admin role
We've made it easier to manage large projects and teams by introducing the new Project Admin role. Subscription and workspace admins may designate one or more users to administer a project by choosing this role when setting project permissions.
Project Admins have the ability to:
Project Admins may also create new users in their projects when a subscription admin enables the Project Admins Can Create New Users option from the subscription settings page.
New Web Services API query for collections
Previously it was not possible to write a query to get all stories with defects or all defects without any tags. Rally has enhanced Web Services API queries, allowing you to query on a collection whether or not is empty.
User stories without defects
(Defects.ObjectID = null)
User stories with defects
(Defects.ObjectID != null)
Defects without tags
(Tags.ObjectID = null)
Defects that have tags
(Tags.ObjectID != null)
- DE18011 - Tasks completed on the Iteration Tracking app not rolling up values on the Iteration Status page or story popover
- DE18197 - Updated long project names overlapping with menu items in the menu bar
- DE18659 - Changes are not applied when multi-editing the Schedule State field on the Quality -> Defects page
- DE19420 - Shared Kanban board does not display for some users