Set Up Your Profile
Your user profile contains the default settings for your account login and session, as well as information that dictates how CA Agile Central and other users may interact with you. You can update your user profile at any time, including changing your session settings, your login information, and your default workspace or project selection. Your user profile settings override any settings that have been applied to the entire workspace.
To view or change your profile information:
Watch the video below to learn how to set up your user profile, and about some of the important settings you may change:
Reset your password, personalize your login, change your password, and add information as it relates to your first, middle, and last name.
Keep your email address up to date so that you may continue to receive administrative messages and change notifications.
Changing your password
You may change your password at any time. Additionally, your subscription administrator may initiate a change to your password, prompting an email guiding you to choose a new password.
If your subscription has password expiration enabled, you will be forced to change your password upon login when your password has expired. You will receive a notification email each day for seven days prior to the expiration, allowing you to change your password prior to expiration and ensure that all integrations and Web Services API connections remain uninterrupted.
When you change your password, previous passwords cannot be reused as the current password. The number of previous passwords that cannot be reused is determined by the subscription administrator.
Any open sessions to CA Agile Central will be terminated when your password is reset either through the forgot password process or by an administrator. If you suspect someone has gained unauthorized access to your account, resetting your password will immediately end the session. Resetting your own password while logged in will not log you out of CA Agile Central.
Specify the name that you wish to display within CA Agile Central. You may also upload an image that displays when anyone hovers over your user name.
To upload your picture in the Profile Image, click Browse and upload an image from your desktop. To change or remove the image, click Reset Image.
Select options that customize your experience with CA Agile Central.
- Default Workspace / Project: Select a default workspace and project for your initial context upon logging into CA Agile Central so that you may focus immediately on your primary team.
- Session Timeout: The default session timeout is four hours. You may change this period of time and specify whether you wish to be warned when your session is about to expire.
- Password Expires: Configured by your subscription administrator.
- Date Format, Date/Time Format: Set the date and time format to your preference, which also determines the date and time format for any .csv or CA Agile Central exports you perform. The time zone is set by your workspace or subscription administrator.
- You can set up different types of notifications that help you track when items that interest you have changed. You may receive notifications in your dashboard area or receive email notifications. The default is set to disabled.
- Language: You can select to view CA Agile Central in either English or German.
Instant Messaging Information
Update and add instant messenger information so your teammates can contact you directly when they hover over your username.
CA Agile Central supports the following Instant Messenger Service Providers (protocols):
- AOL Instant Messenger
- Google Talk
- Windows Live Messenger
- Yahoo! Messenger
Enter your IM account info into CA Agile Central for chat and pc-to-pc calling. You can enter multiple IM Services since many people have more than one IM account. Generally, you can only contact others using the same IM Service Provider. For example, if you are using AIM, you can only IM other AIM users. Entering more than one Service Provider can make you available to more users. You can enter a rank in the CA Agile Central user editor for each account to determine the priority for matching your IM account with other CA Agile Central users in your subscription that want to IM you.
Once you have entered your IM account information, other CA Agile Central users in your CA Agile Central subscription can contact you where ever your username appears in an owner display field in the CA Agile Central application (excluding owner edit fields). Hover over the owner field and a pop-up pane displays all IM Service Providers for the user you are contacting.