Set Up On-Premises
Setting up On-Premises includes the following:
- Server requirements
- Time zone
- Install 3rd party applications
- View the license usage report
- CA Agile Central Idea Manager and CA Agile Central Support Manager Integration
- View operating system components
- Access the database
- View the release notes
- Use VMPlayer
- VMWare platform with 64-bit support (includes ESX 3.5.x and ESX 4.0 (vSphere)
- 64-bit capable processors with hardware virtualization (Intel® VT-d, AMD AMD-V)
- Complete checklist for 64-bit guest support
- At least 6.0 GB of RAM for CA Agile Central’s use (or at least 6 GB RAM for a server dedicated to CA Agile Central)
- CA Agile Central recommends 8–12 GB of RAM for improved performance for subscriptions that may serve a higher volume of requests
- 150 GB of disk space for CA Agile Central’s VMware image
- A DVD-ROM drive or network access to a server with a DVD-ROM drive (if you received the VMware image on a DVD disk)
The time zone on the On-Premises appliance is always set to Mountain Time zone and cannot be changed.
Install 3rd party applications
CA Agile Central highly discourages the installation of any 3rd party applications on the CA Agile Central On-Premises appliance. Any modification to the architecture or configuration changes to the appliance would nullify the CA Agile Central support agreement.
View the license usage report
After you install the license file and restart the CA Agile Central application, the usage report displays as a new tab under the Setup page within CA Agile Central. Have a subscription administrator click the Contact Support link in the application and request a license with the Usage Report feature enabled.
CA Agile Central Idea Manager and CA Agile Central Support Manager Integration
The documentation for the CA Agile Central Idea Manager and CA Agile Central Support Manager Integrations are supplied in a separate zip file:
CA Agile Central-Manager-Integration.zip
The file is located at the same location where the CA Agile Central On-Premises Installation Guide was downloaded.
View operating system components
There are two files that you can access within the On-Premises appliance.
<ip-address>/controlpanel/packages.txt: Lists of all OS RPMs installed on the system
<ip-address>/controlpanel/linked_oss_ package_list.txt : Lists all the PHP packages and Ruby gems installed on the system
Access the database
Access to the database on the CA Agile Central appliance is prohibited. The On-Premises support team will, in certain circumstances, access the database to gather important information to resolve a case as a last resort.
View the release notes
With each On-Premises release there are release notes associated to it that will give detailed information on what is released. The On-Premises release notes can be found at https://help.rallydev.com/premises-release-notes.
CA Agile Central does not support VMPlayer. However, there is a free download of VMWare software that will allow you to run VMX inside VMPlayer.
The VMWare OVF Tool is a command-line utility that allows you to convert OVF to VMX.
You can download the VMWare OVF Tool from http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/ovf/.
Note: You must register or be logged in to VMWare in order to download the OVF Tool. The software does not convert with default settings because the OVF has a defined RAM size of 6,444 MB, but the pre-defined maximum for VMX is 3,600 MB. This can be ignored through the command line switch “---lax”.
After the conversion, the VMX can run inside the VMWare Player. Linux boots into the configuration dialogue shown in the CA Agile Central installation manual.