Schedule prioritized user stories, defects, and defect suites into iterations. Topics include:
Schedule work items
Plan work for each iteration by selecting user stories and defects from the backlog and scheduling them into an iteration. You can use the Plan page found under the track tab to easily schedule work items, or install a copy of the Iteration Planning Board. Parent stories do not display in the backlog.
Iteration Planning Board app
Backlog user stories and defects display on the board as cards in the left-most column. Cards are ordered by rank.
By default, the next three future iterations display as columns to the right of the Backlog column. Use the arrows to the left and right of the column titles to view iterations further in the past or future. Drag a card into a column to schedule it in the iteration.
You may also use the Plan page to perform the same drag-and-drop operations to schedule work.
To schedule a work item from the Plan page:
You can schedule a work item by editing the Iteration field directly.
To schedule a user story from a user story detail page:
View scheduled work items
You can track which user stories, defects, and defect suites have been scheduled for a specific release or iteration.
The actions available on the detail page will vary depending upon the work item detail page being accessed.
From the related Scheduled Summary page, you can:
- Use the Actions options to assist in managing the scheduled items.
- View summary estimate totals for all items scheduled for the displayed release or iteration. The label icon on each column header contains the first letter of your defined unit of measure configured for the workspace under the Units tab. Hover over this icon to read the full label of your unit measurement.
- Plan Est: The plan estimate for the scheduled work items.
- Task Est: The total estimated amount of effort to complete the tasks for the scheduled work items.
- Filter your scheduled items using values such as release, iteration, status, and owner.
- Sort your display using various work item values such as rank, ID, name, release, iteration status, plan estimate, and owner.