Runscope allows you to monitor and test APIs wherever they are located, from local development to production. When you integrate CA Flowdock with Runscope, results from your API tests become a part of your team's discussions. When incidents occur, your team will be the first to know.
To set up the integration:
- Select a flow and copy the flow's API token. You need to log in to see your flows and API tokens.
- Log in to Runscope.
- From the Radar Tests menu, click the test that you want to integrate with CA Flowdock.
- Click Integrations on the left side menu.
- Click Connect Flowdock from the list of integrations.
- Paste the CA Flowdock API key from step 1 into the Flowdock API Token field.
- Enter a Flow Name for reference.
- Optionally, enter any tags, separated by commas.
All messages from this test will be automatically tagged with these tags. You can also enter @username tags to send notifications to the desired people. The tag #passed or #failed will be added automatically.
- Select where you want the message to be sent, either the team inbox or chat. The team inbox is strongly recommended.
- Select when a notification should be sent.
The default is to send a notification to your flow after every test is completed. Other options allow you to only receive notifications after failed test runs.
- Click Connect Account.
- Ensure the Flowdock service is on in the integrations list.
- Run the test to see a Runscope Radar notification in your chosen flow.