CA Agile Central Quality Manager Overview
Agile development has dramatically changed the way testers work, asking you to be part of a close-knit Agile team and test as requirements and code are changing constantly. CA Agile Central offers software test engineers the tracking tools that you need to provide test results in-step with the software development lifecycle while also supporting the work that you do in a variety of automated software testing tools.
The basic testing features of CA Agile Central allow you to:
- Create test cases directly from user stories and defects
- Evolve acceptance tests simultaneously with—or ahead of—the coding efforts
- View status dashboards that automatically group test case results by user stories to assess quality and readiness
- Provide access to failing test cases for improved communication, easier defect re-creation, and lower management burdens
- Manage regression tests that need to be run multiple times throughout the life of your system
- Create custom test plan lists based on criteria you specify
- Easily filter and sort tests outside of iterations and releases on the Test Case summary page
Quality management concepts
Related CA Agile Central pages
Test Plan page
This page provides testers with a single location to organize and manage test cases into folders. When planning your test effort, use test plans to assemble test cases into a hierarchy of folders. Rank test cases in a test folder, run the tests in groups, log test results and defects, then see the summarized results.
Note that when a new test folder is created on the Test Plan page, the test folder is associated with the current scope. In the example above, a new test folder is associated with the Shopping Team. If you want to share test folders with other testers on other teams, associate your test folders at a higher node in the tree.
Iteration Status page
A test set is a container for test cases which can be run in an iteration or release. Create a test set by clicking the Add New button on the Track → Iteration Status page and selecting Test Set from the drop-down menu.
Consider the following:
- The CA Agile Central Quality Manager module is required for test sets, the Test Plan page, and the Test Case summary page.
- You can view reports and dashboards that display the status of your test coverage, including the number of test cases passing, failing, or pending.
- Use the CA Agile Central App SDK Toolkit to create custom Apps or reports that integrate CA Agile Central with data from third-party testing systems.