CA Agile Central On-Premises 2014.3 Release Notes
These release notes provide pertinent information regarding the additions for the CA Agile Central On-Premises Release 2014.3, hardware and software requirements, compatibility, defect fixes, and known issues for the CA Agile Central Enterprise and Unlimited Editions. All features, changes, and defect fixes were periodically released to CA Agile Central On-Demand from July 17, 2014 to October 31, 2014:
- Build details for Release 2014.3
- Features in Release 2014.3
- Changes to the SOAP, REST, and JSON Web Services API
- Hardware and software requirements
- Defects resolved in Release 2014.3
- Known issues in Release 2014.3
Please refer to the CA Agile Central Installation Guide for CA Agile Central On-Premises Release 2014.3 for setup and configuration information.
Build details for 2014.3
- Build: almci-master-15773
- Analytics build: master.12423
- SOLR build: almci-master-3211
- Control Panel Version: 2014.3
- WSAPI: v2.0
Features in Release 2014.3
Unlimited and Enterprise Edition features:
Click here to learn more about CA Agile Central editions and pricing.
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: Portfolio Kanban now a CA Agile Central core page
In addition to being available as an app, the Portfolio Kanban is now available as a page in CA Agile Central under Track → Portfolio Kanban.
Additionally, the Portfolio Kanban has been enhanced to include the following features:
- Now you can set the Portfolio Item type without having to access the Settings menu. Select the drop-down menu to select the Type.
- Select the fields to display by clicking the Show on Cards icon on the main page or app.
New Release Planning board/page
CA Agile Central has released a new Release Planning board/page, which is available in the CA Agile Central App Catalog or as a page under Portfolio → Release Planning. Release Planning facilitates release preparation and the planning process at the program level.
Release Planning features:
- View the Release Capacity for each release, which is a calculation of the total number of feature points divided by the release velocity
- Schedule lowest level portfolio items into a release by drag-and-drop from the Backlog column to a Release column
- Search for portfolio items to schedule in the backlog
- Quickly add and update portfolio items
- Select any portfolio item fields you want to display on the cards
- Filter by any field on the portfolio item
Editable detail pages (beta)
CA Agile Central has released new detail pages that allow you to directly edit fields. If you can see a field and have the right permissions, you can edit it. Fields are automatically saved when you leave a field.
Editable detail pages are available for user stories, defects, tasks, and portfolio items
To use the new detail page, click Try New Version, located at the top of the sidebar.
To view some frequently asked questions regarding this new page, click here.
New Iteration Status page (beta)
CA Agile Central has released a Beta version of a new Iteration Status page.
With the new Iteration Status page, you can:
- Quickly view the most important information to keep track of your iteration
- View detailed iteration data as cards or as a grid
- Easily view the parent-child relationship of artifacts in a hierarchical grid
- Make rapid changes within a card or grid line without opening the detail page
- Personalize which columns of data to display in the grid view
To use the new Iteration Tracking page, click Track → Iteration Status and click Try New Version.
The beta version of the Iteration Status page includes a filter option. Below are some troubleshooting tips for applying and using filters.
Mismatched artifact types
If you filter on a field specific to defects and add a condition to also filter on a user story field, no results will be returned. This is true for each artifact type.
If you're filtering on defects, it's possible a previously set filter did not have defects selected. This can be resolved by ensuring the defect box is checked.
Query values that cancel each other out
It's possible to set values that can't return a result. An example would be setting a filter the queries for all artifacts where the plan estimate is > 3 and < 2. Resolve this by ensuring that the values are the same.
If you were expecting some items to show up that didn't, make sure you're scoped to the correct iteration and project. Filter settings will persist across projects and iterations.
Enhanced search engine and results page
We have improved the performance of global search, and added these new features:
- Items in the Recycle Bin can now be searched
- Relevancy-based results help you find your work items faster
- Filter your results by work item type, owner, or last update date
- Integration with your project picker
You can search inside your current project scoping by pressing the / key on your keyboard. Immediately begin typing in your criteria, then press Enter to search.
Changes to the SOAP, REST, & JSON Web Services API
Web Services API deprecation policy
In order to support developer toolkits, custom apps, and queries more effectively, we are introducing a formal deprecation policy to the Web Services API. With the new policy, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to support older versions of the WSAPI for one year after a new version is released.
Versions 1.0 through 1.37 of the WSAPI will enter this one year deprecation period on October 1st, 2012. These versions will no longer be supported after October 1st, 2013. Additionally, the following versions will no longer be supported by the date indicated in parentheses: 1.38 (November 6, 2014); 1.39 (December 5, 2014); 1.40 (March 15, 2014); 1.41 (April 17, 2014); 1.42 (May 8, 2014); 1.43 (June 20, 2014).
The current version of the WSAPI, 2.0, is fully supported. Its one year deprecation period will begin on the date that the next version is released.
Click the Web Services API link from the main Help page to view your Web Services documentation.
Click the API Versioning link under Topics in the left navigation of the Web Services API documentation for details about version changes.
App SDK 2.0rc2
An updated preview of the new App SDK environment is included with the 2014.3 release. We have added more functions, buttons, kits, and examples to help you get started building your own custom apps.
You can view the preview documentation here.
Hardware and software requirements
The On-Premises image requires 150GB of storage for virtual disk space. Please ensure this is available prior to installation.
- Minimum 1024 X 768 X 256-color video resolution, 1280 x 1024 recommended
VMware® vSphere server (recommended) or VMware® ESX server
CA Agile Central VMware Appliance Configuration:
- Minimum 6GB of allocated memory. CA Agile Central Software recommends 8 to 12 GB of RAM for improved performance for subscriptions that may serve a higher volume of requests.
- 2 CPUs
- 150 GB Disk
Supported web browsers
We at CA Agile Central are committed to making our software easily accessible. You can access CA Agile Central wherever you have a connection to your On-Premises server via a PC, Linux, or Macintosh computer.
Nevertheless, it is not possible or practical for us to support every operating system and browser combination that is available. To take advantage of the newest CA Agile Central features, we recommend that you use one of the following fully supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer*
We support the two latest versions of each of these browsers. We do not recommend using development, test, or beta versions of these web browsers. Versions that are not publicly released may not work properly with the CA Agile Central application. In particular, we strongly suggest using Chrome.
* Internet Explorer We support Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11. CA Agile Central no longer supports Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8.
- Minimum Adobe Reader 5.0 Microsoft Windows platforms (not Linux)
- Adobe Reader 7.0 recommended
Defects resolved in Release 2014.3
- DE17402 - Split story does not include tags on an unfinished story
- DE21489 - Creating a new user story with an iteration of Unscheduled on the Release Summary displays error message
- DE21966 - Error when uploading a large batch of user stories or tasks on the backlog or user stories pages
- DE22110 - Kanban Board filter by tags broken due to change in Web Services API
Known issues in Release 2014.3
Customers with a large amount of data may experience a longer migration time
Some customers with a large amount of data may experience a longer artifact_tag_string migration time when restoring or restarting CA Agile Central. The amount of time the migration runs depends on the data size.
Mac Archive Utility error
When unzipping the 2014.1 On-Premises file, Mac user may encounter the following error message:
To resolve this issue, you can download a free Mac app called the Unarchiver. This app allows you to unzip larger files. You can download the app at the following address: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-unarchiver/id425424353?mt=12.
Call Trace information in VMWare bootup console does not require action
In the VMWare Bootup Console, Call Trace information is listed but does not require any action. This is a benign stack trace system information message.
SQL error when restoring data sets does not require action
A bug that displayed a SQL error when restoring data sets has been fixed in the On-Premises 2014.1 release. The error appears on https://ONPREM_HOST/controlpanel/actionfiles/restorebackup.php when the user successfully executes a restore process. The error is related to database index query optimization and is safe to ignore as a background task runs weekly to re-create the index optimizations to fix this issue. However, since the bug existed in 2013.1 and previous releases and is related to data restoration, the SQL error will still display when restoring data from a 2013.1 release or earlier to a 2013.2 or later release. In order for the license key to be installed successfully, or being validated by the CA Agile Central Application, you must restart the CA Agile Central Application.
Restore error for older backups does not require action
When performing a restore from an older backup prior to adding the UUID database column, an error message is logged to the restore log when the On-Premises license key checker is run. The error message goes away during the restore process when migrations are run. The migration will insert the required UUID database column values.
Pasting formatted text from MS Word may result in error
Copy-pasting rich-format text into a work item editor from Microsoft Word may result in formatting or system errors. To work around this issue, compose directly in the CA Agile Central work item editors, or convert your entry to plain text before pasting.