CA Agile Central On-Premises 2014.2 Release Notes
These release notes provide pertinent information regarding the additions for the CA Agile Central On-Premises Release 2014.2, hardware and software requirements, compatibility, defect fixes, and known issues for the CA Agile Central Enterprise and Unlimited Editions. All features, changes, and defect fixes were periodically released to CA Agile Central On-Demand from April 5, 2014 to July 16, 2014:
- Build details for Release 2014.2
- Features in Release 2014.2
- Changes to the SOAP, REST, and JSON Web Services API
- Hardware and software requirements
- Defects resolved in Release 2014.2
- Known issues in Release 2014.2
Please refer to the CA Agile Central Installation Guide for CA Agile Central On-Premises Release 2014.2 for setup and configuration information.
Build details for 2014.2
- Build: master-14375
- Analytics build: master.12410
- SOLR build: master-3170
- Control Panel Version: 2014.2
- WSAPI: 2.0
Features in Release 2014.2
Unlimited and Enterprise Edition features:
Click here to learn more about CA Agile Central editions and pricing.
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: New Portfolio tab
CA Agile Central has added a Portfolio tab that contains all of the core portfolio/program-level pages, including:
You can also add your own custom portfolio pages to this tab.
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: Portfolio Kanban now a CA Agile Central core page
In addition to being available as an app, the Portfolio Kanban is now available as a page in CA Agile Central under Portfolio → Portfolio Kanban.
Additionally, the Portfolio Kanban has been enhanced to include the following features:
- Now you can set the Portfolio Item type without having to access the Settings menu. Select the dropdown menu to select the Type.
- Select the fields to display by clicking the Show on Cards icon on the main page or app.
Collapse or expand columns on the Portfolio Kanban board
Select the arrows at the top of a column to collapse or expand. Collapsed columns will not display Exit Policies.
Filter by owner on the Kanban Board
You can now filter cards on the Kanban Board by selecting an owner from the drop-down. Selecting an owner populates the board with cards belonging exclusively to one person. Select Clear Filter to return the cards to their original state.
Project-Level Shared Custom Pages
Admins now have the ability to create a custom page that is shared with one or more projects. Previously, custom pages could only be private or shared with all users in the workspace.
Use the Share with selected projects field when creating or editing a custom page to share it with one or more projects. Users will see the custom page in their menus when viewing one of the specified projects.
New Web Services API query for collections
Previously it was not possible to write a query to get all stories with defects or all defects without any tags. CA Agile Central has enhanced Web Services API queries, allowing you to query on a collection whether or not is empty.
User stories without defects
(Defects.ObjectID = null)
User stories with defects
(Defects.ObjectID != null)
Defects without tags
(Tags.ObjectID = null)
Defects that have tags
(Tags.ObjectID != null)
Changes to the SOAP, REST, & JSON Web Services API
Web Services API deprecation policy
In order to support developer toolkits, custom apps, and queries more effectively, we are introducing a formal deprecation policy to the Web Services API. With the new policy, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to support older versions of the WSAPI for one year after a new version is released.
Versions 1.0 through 1.37 of the WSAPI will enter this one year deprecation period on October 1st, 2012. These versions will no longer be supported after October 1st, 2013. Additionally, the following versions will no longer be supported by the date indicated in parentheses: 1.38 (November 6, 2014); 1.39 (December 5, 2014); 1.40 (March 15, 2014); 1.41 (April 17, 2014); 1.42 (May 8, 2014); 1.43 (June 20, 2014).
The current version of the WSAPI, 2.0, is fully supported. Its one year deprecation period will begin on the date that the next version is released.
Click the Web Services API link from the main Help page to view your Web Services documentation.
Click the API Versioning link under Topics in the left navigation of the Web Services API documentation for details about version changes.
App SDK 2.0rc2
An updated preview of the new App SDK environment is included with the 2014.2 release. We have added more functions, buttons, kits, and examples to help you get started building your own custom apps.
You can view the preview documentation here.
Hardware and software requirements
The On-Premises image requires 150GB of storage for virtual disk space. Please ensure this is available prior to installation.
- Minimum 1024 X 768 X 256-color video resolution, 1280 x 1024 recommended
VMware® vSphere server (recommended) or VMware® ESX server
CA Agile Central VMware Appliance Configuration:
- Minimum 6GB of allocated memory. CA Agile Central Software recommends 8 to 12 GB of RAM for improved performance for subscriptions that may serve a higher volume of requests.
- 2 CPUs
- 150 GB Disk
Supported web browsers
We at CA Agile Central are committed to making our software easily accessible. You can access CA Agile Central wherever you have a connection to your On-Premises server via a PC, Linux, or Macintosh computer.
Nevertheless, it is not possible or practical for us to support every operating system and browser combination that is available. To take advantage of the newest CA Agile Central features, we recommend that you use one of the following fully supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer*
We support the two latest versions of each of these browsers. We do not recommend using development, test, or beta versions of these web browsers. Versions that are not publicly released may not work properly with the CA Agile Central application. In particular, we strongly suggest using Chrome.
* Internet Explorer We support Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11. CA Agile Central no longer supports Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8.
- Minimum Adobe Reader 5.0 Microsoft Windows platforms (not Linux)
- Adobe Reader 7.0 recommended
Defects resolved in Release 2014.2
- DE10262 - Export from Quality → Defects appends "points" text to the numeric field
- DE17180 - Export from Plan → Backlog includes HTML
- DE17304 - When switching projects in Portfolio Item page, the Type value remains but displayed items do not match
- DE17676 - The Personal Burndown app and the Productivity Chart continually load when using Internet Explorer 9 or 10
- DE20421 - Edit Action from Gear Menu in Plan → Backlog Page goes to Details Page instead of raising the editor
- DE20457 - Portfolio Item State field editor does not display values when Type drop down is changed
- DE20608 - Password reset emails not being sent
- DE20966 - Some users unable to edit user stories that were imported with "Sample Color" in the Display Color field
- DE21100 - Team Member checkbox must be unchecked when updating a user from Team Member to Project Admin when there are no child projects
- DE21120 - Kanban Board Filter by Owner does not return stories/defects with tasks owned by the selected user
- DE21197 - Changing Display Name on custom field does not update ElementName in WSAPI type definition
- DE21250 - Special characters not allowed by the system on for scheduled backups.
- DE21516 - Custom grids with queries displays error message
- DE21544 - Kanban board not filtering by Iteration or Release
Known issues in Release 2014.2
LDAP Run Report does not return any data and has incorrect file extension
When clicking LDAP Settings → LDAP User Report →Run Report, the report does not run and produces a file with an incorrect file extension.
Customers with a large amount of data may experience a longer migration time
Some customers with a large amount of data may experience a longer artifact_tag_string migration time when restoring or restarting CA Agile Central. The amount of time the migration runs depends on the data size.
Mac Archive Utility error
When unzipping the 2014.1 On-Premises file, Mac user may encounter the following error message:
To resolve this issue, you can download a free Mac app called the Unarchiver. This app allows you to unzip larger files. You can download the app at the following address: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-unarchiver/id425424353?mt=12.
Call Trace information in VMWare bootup console does not require action
In the VMWare Bootup Console, Call Trace information is listed but does not require any action. This is a benign stack trace system information message.
SQL error when restoring data sets does not require action
A bug that displayed a SQL error when restoring data sets has been fixed in the On-Premises 2014.1 release. The error appears on https://ONPREM_HOST/controlpanel/actionfiles/restorebackup.php when the user successfully executes a restore process. The error is related to database index query optimization and is safe to ignore as a background task runs weekly to re-create the index optimizations to fix this issue. However, since the bug existed in 2013.1 and previous releases and is related to data restoration, the SQL error will still display when restoring data from a 2013.1 release or earlier to a 2013.2 or later release.
Restore error for older backups does not require action
When performing a restore from an older backup prior to adding the UUID database column, an error message is logged to the restore log when the On-Premises license key checker is run. The error message goes away during the restore process when migrations are run. The migration will insert the required UUID database column values.
Pasting formatted text from MS Word may result in error
Copy-pasting rich-format text into a work item editor from Microsoft Word may result in formatting or system errors. To work around this issue, compose directly in the CA Agile Central work item editors, or convert your entry to plain text before pasting.