CA Agile Central On-Premises 2014.1 Release Notes
These release notes provide pertinent information regarding the additions for the CA Agile Central On-Premises Release 2014.1, hardware and software requirements, compatibility, defect fixes, and known issues for the CA Agile Central Enterprise and Unlimited Editions. All features, changes, and defect fixes were periodically released to CA Agile Central On-Demand from January 3, 2014 to April 4, 2014:
- Build details for Release 2014.1
- Features in Release 2014.1
- Changes to the SOAP, REST, and JSON Web Services API
- Hardware and software requirements
- Defects resolved in Release 2014.1
- Known issues in Release 2014.1
Please refer to the CA Agile Central Installation Guide for CA Agile Central On-Premises Release 2014.1 for setup and configuration information.
Build details for 2014.1
- Build: master-13185
- Full Version ID for Provisioning: 2014.1 (2014.1-12157)
- Control Panel Version: 2014.1
- WSAPI: 2.0
Features in Release 2014.1
CA Agile Central Monitoring Service
The CA Agile Central Monitoring Service monitors and visually displays the performance metrics of the CA Agile Central On-Premises appliance. The service is designed for administrators that manage On-Premises and is deployed via the customer’s VMware™ infrastructure. Performance data, such as CPU load or Java Virtual Machine memory usage, flows from the CA Agile Central On-Premises appliance to the CA Agile Central Monitoring appliance to be displayed. No CA Agile Central project data is transmitted off of the CA Agile Central appliance.
Add SFTP port for backup and restore processes
CA Agile Central On-Premises administrators can now change the SFTP port for the backup and restore processes via the On-Premises Control Panel. This can be especially useful if your organization does not use the default ports.
You can add the port number to the SFTP host string using the format sftp://<ip-address:port>/path. The custom port is 800 and the default port is 22.
Unlimited Edition features:
CA Agile Central Unlimited Edition includes everything in CA Agile Central Enterprise Edition, plus:
- Portfolio management (CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager)
- Authentication and security management (CA Agile Central Advanced Security and Administration)
- Idea management (CA Agile Central Idea Manager)
- Quality management (CA Agile Central Quality Manager)
- Time tracking (CA Agile Central Time Tracker)
- Enterprise integrations with HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and Salesforce.com (CA Agile Central Support Manager)
- Development sandbox for testing apps and integrations on a copy of your production data
Project Admin role
We've made it easier to manage large projects and teams by introducing the new Project Admin role. Subscription and workspace admins may designate one or more users to administer a project by choosing this role when setting project permissions.
Project Admins have the ability to:
Project Admins may also create new users in their projects when a subscription admin enables the Project Admins Can Create New Users option from the subscription settings page.
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: New portfolio item fields
- You can enter a Refined Estimate to reflect an updated estimate during capacity planning as more is known about the features being planned.
- The Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF) Score is a prioritization method that many Program Managers and PMOs use to choose which features to schedule soonest. The WSJF score must be manually entered and calculated.
Portfolio Kanban Board story tray
You can now easily identify stories in a feature on the Portfolio Kanban Board. For boards at the feature level, you can view child stories on feature cards by clicking on the points icon at the bottom of the card. From the story tray, you can re-rank stories, edit, copy, delete, move, split, or add stories, defects, and tasks.
Enterprise Edition features:
New CA Agile Central visual design
CA Agile Central has been updated with a brand new visual design. The new design is cleaner, simpler and more spacious. When you login to CA Agile Central, you will notice that the header has been overhauled with new icons and high-contrast colors.
New design overview video
New visual design enhancements
- New header, footer and color scheme
- Header has a smaller vertical footprint, opening up more space for your work
- High-contrast buttons and graphics for easier reading when projecting
- Menus are updated to work well with tablets, with a click (or tap) to activate the primary menu drop down
- Double-click a primary menu item to visit the previous page in that menu
|View your Home page|
|Set your default home page|
Simplified Chinese now available in CA Agile Central online help
We are pleased to announce that CA Agile Central online help is now available in Simplified Chinese. CA Agile Central strives to continually improve the way we help you and we are committed to providing the highest quality instructional content to our users. This new translated version of our content provides yet another piece to the solutions necessary to help rapidly transform your organization into one that is able to more quickly make decisions and deliver immediate impact to your customers. Enjoy!
Changes to the SOAP, REST, & JSON Web Services API
Web Services API deprecation policy
In order to support developer toolkits, custom apps, and queries more effectively, we are introducing a formal deprecation policy to the Web Services API. With the new policy, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to support older versions of the WSAPI for one year after a new version is released.
Versions 1.0 through 1.37 of the WSAPI will enter this one year deprecation period on October 1st, 2012. These versions will no longer be supported after October 1st, 2013. Additionally, the following versions will no longer be supported by the date indicated in parentheses: 1.38 (November 6, 2014); 1.39 (December 5, 2014); 1.40 (March 15, 2014); 1.41 (April 17, 2014); 1.42 (May 8, 2014); 1.43 (June 20, 2014).
The current version of the WSAPI, 2.0, is fully supported. Its one year deprecation period will begin on the date that the next version is released.
Click the Web Services API link from the main Help page to view your Web Services documentation.
Click the API Versioning link under Topics in the left navigation of the Web Services API documentation for details about version changes.
App SDK 2.0rc2
An updated preview of the new App SDK environment is included with the 2014.1 release. We have added more functions, buttons, kits, and examples to help you get started building your own custom apps.
You can view the preview documentation here.
Hardware and software requirements
The On-Premises image requires 150GB of storage for virtual disk space. Please ensure this is available prior to installation.
- Minimum 1024 X 768 X 256-color video resolution, 1280 x 1024 recommended
VMware® vSphere server (recommended) or VMware® ESX server
CA Agile Central VMware Appliance Configuration:
- Minimum 6GB of allocated memory. CA Agile Central Software recommends 8 to 12 GB of RAM for improved performance for subscriptions that may serve a higher volume of requests.
- 2 CPUs
- 150 GB Disk
Supported web browsers
We at CA Agile Central are committed to making our software easily accessible. You can access CA Agile Central wherever you have a connection to your On-Premises server via a PC, Linux, or Macintosh computer.
Nevertheless, it is not possible or practical for us to support every operating system and browser combination that is available. To take advantage of the newest CA Agile Central features, we recommend that you use one of the following fully supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer*
We support the two latest versions of each of these browsers. We do not recommend using development, test, or beta versions of these web browsers. Versions that are not publicly released may not work properly with the CA Agile Central application. In particular, we strongly suggest using Chrome.
* Internet Explorer We support Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11. CA Agile Central no longer supports Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8.
- Minimum Adobe Reader 5.0 Microsoft Windows platforms (not Linux)
- Adobe Reader 7.0 recommended
Defects resolved in Release 2014.1
- DE18011 - Tasks completed on the Iteration Tracking app not rolling up values on the Iteration Status page or story popover
- DE18197 - Updated long project names overlapping with menu items in the menu bar
- DE18659 - Changes are not applied when multi-editing the Schedule State field on the Quality -> Defects page
- DE19420 - Shared Kanban board does not display for some users
- DE20037 - Users demoted to 'No-Access' disappear from Setup->Users for subscriptions containing only one workspace
- DE20127 - Release and Iteration specific apps don't load properly on a custom page filtered by release or iteration
- DE20199 - In a custom view, adding more than one project condition causes all project dropdowns to refresh
- DE20336 - Internet Explorer 8 throws error when trying to add tasks or discussions to stories or defects
Known issues in Release 2014.1
Mac Archive Utility error
When unzipping the 2014.1 On-Premises file, Mac user may encounter the following error message:
To resolve this issue, you can download a free Mac app called the Unarchiver. This app allows you to unzip larger files. You can download the app at the following address: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-unarchiver/id425424353?mt=12.
Call Trace information in VMWare bootup console does not require action
In the VMWare Bootup Console, Call Trace information is listed but does not require any action. This is a benign stack trace system information message.
SQL error when restoring data sets does not require action
A bug that displayed a SQL error when restoring data sets has been fixed in the On-Premises 2014.1 release. The error appears on https://ONPREM_HOST/controlpanel/actionfiles/restorebackup.php when the user successfully executes a restore process. The error is related to database index query optimization and is safe to ignore as a background task runs weekly to re-create the index optimizations to fix this issue. However, since the bug existed in 2013.1 and previous releases and is related to data restoration, the SQL error will still display when restoring data from a 2013.1 release or earlier to a 2013.2 or later release.
Restore error for older backups does not require action
When performing a restore from an older backup prior to adding the UUID database column, an error message is logged to the restore log when the On-Premises license key checker is run. The error message goes away during the restore process when migrations are run. The migration will insert the required UUID database column values.
Not all work items may be recovered from the Recycle Bin
Only user stories, portfolio items, defects, test cases, and tasks are recoverable from the Recycle Bin.
Dragging test sets into the backlog on the Plan page
Dragging a test set from an iteration into the backlog on the Plan page will appear to make the test set disappear. The test set is still in CA Agile Central, but it has become unscheduled. To view the test set, go to the Iteration Status page and choose an iteration drop-down value of Unscheduled.
Popup blockers and CA Agile Central
Be aware that some of CA Agile Central’s content is displayed using popup windows. Popup blockers may inhibit this functionality. To correct this, configure your popup blockers to allow CA Agile Central popups.
User story list view displays incorrect summaries when parent stories are shown
Users who have both parent and child stories visible in the List (flat) view on the User Stories page will see summaries at the top of the list that combine parent and child estimates. We are considering fixing this by only showing child stories in this view, and would appreciate your feedback.
Iteration Defect Status printed report shows incorrect totals
The default settings for “Print Report” on Iteration Defect Status work correctly. However, if you deselect “show nested items” the report will indicate that all stories have “no defects”, even if some do. To work around this, make sure you keep “show nested items” checked when printing this report.
Custom Timesheet Reports will display "No Entry" where a custom field should be if CA Agile Central artifact is deleted
If you run a Custom Timesheet Report that includes deleted data, the output will include "No Entry" instead of a custom field name for any deleted work items.
Pasting formatted text from MS Word may result in error
Copy-pasting rich-format text into a work item editor from Microsoft Word may result in formatting or system errors. To work around this issue, compose directly in the CA Agile Central work item editors, or convert your entry to plain text before pasting.
Salesforce.com Integration: Create defect function does not instantly respond
The create defect function found in Salesforce does not immediately provide feedback from the associated CA Agile Central subscription. This may result in the inadvertent creation of multiple defects. Click the button only once to avoid this issue.