CA Agile Central On-Premises 2013.2 Release Notes
These release notes provide pertinent information regarding the additions for the CA Agile Central On-Premises Release 2013.2, hardware and software requirements, compatibility, defect fixes, and known issues for the CA Agile Central Enterprise and Unlimited Editions. All features, changes, and defect fixes were periodically released to CA Agile Central On-Demand from March 25, 2013 to October 21, 2013:
- Build Details for Release 2013.2
- Features in Release 2013.2
- Changes to the SOAP, REST, and JSON Web Services API
- Hardware and Software Requirements
- Defects Resolved in Release 2013.2
- Known Issues in Release 2013.2
Build details for 2013.2
- Build: master-11394
- Full Version ID for Provisioning: 2013.2 (2013.2-11394)
- Control Panel Version: 2013.2-1
- WSAPI: 2.0
Features in Release 2013.2
SFTP key file enhancement
You can now optionally supply a private key file instead of a password when using SFTP during a backup or restore session. You can upload a PEM file on the Backup, Restore, or Schedule tab in the On-Premises control panel.
You must enter a fully qualified domain name when setting up the SMTP server.
Unlimited Edition features:
CA Agile Central Unlimited Edition includes everything in CA Agile Central Enterprise Edition, plus:
- Portfolio management (CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager)
- Authentication and security management (CA Agile Central Advanced Security and Administration)
- Idea management (CA Agile Central Idea Manager)
- Quality management (CA Agile Central Quality Manager)
- Time tracking (CA Agile Central Time Tracker)
- Enterprise integrations with HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and Salesforce.com (CA Agile Central Support Manager)
- Development sandbox for testing apps and integrations on a copy of your production data
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: Feature Delivery Status
You can now view and update the release status of features that have a planned end date that is past the release date and stories scheduled into later releases or iterations. If your feature is not going to be done on time, the % Done pop-up allows you to edit the planned end date and any associated user stories.
If you have user stories that are scheduled for later releases or iterations, you can click the View link to edit the current release or iteration for the user stories.
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: Print Portfolio Timeline
You can now print and display copies of the Portfolio Timeline. This feature allows you to share the status of your portfolio whenever and wherever needed, whether in an important last-minute meeting or simply to give teams the current status of key product initiatives. Printouts of the Portfolio Timeline can be used as an alternative to viewing the timeline in CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager.
On the Portfolio Item Timeline, click Page Tools and select the Print option.
Enterprise Edition features:
View new and stagnant discussion posts
Now you can tell how recently a discussion was posted. The discussion icon changes color depending on the time the last discussion was posted. A discussion posted less than four hours ago displays as dark blue, while older posts display a lighter blue or grey, so you can respond accordingly to both recent and older discussions.
Import test folder and work product fields for test cases
You can now import test cases and include values for the Test Folder and Work Product fields. This allows you to create test cases associated with these entities.
You may import tasks from other systems with a CSV formatted file. Select Actions → Import Tasks from the Track or Iteration Task Status pages to open the Import Wizard.
Changes to the SOAP, REST, & JSON Web Services API
Web Services API deprecation policy
In order to support developer toolkits, custom apps, and queries more effectively, we are introducing a formal deprecation policy to the Web Services API. With the new policy, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to support older versions of the WSAPI for one year after a new version is released.
Versions 1.0 through 1.37 of the WSAPI will enter this one year deprecation period on October 1st, 2012. These versions will no longer be supported after October 1st, 2013. Additionally, the following versions will no longer be supported by the date indicated in parentheses: 1.38 (November 6, 2014); 1.39 (December 5, 2014); 1.40 (March 15, 2014); 1.41 (April 17, 2014); 1.42 (May 8, 2014); 1.43 (June 20, 2014).
The current version of the WSAPI, 2.0, is fully supported. Its one year deprecation period will begin on the date that the next version is released.
Click the Web Services API link from the main Help page to view your Web Services documentation.
Click the API Versioning link under Topics in the left navigation of the Web Services API documentation for details about version changes.
App SDK 2.0 version 5 preview
An updated preview of the new App SDK environment is included with the 2013.2 release. We have added more functions, buttons, kits, and examples to help you get started building your own custom apps.
You can view the preview documentation here.
Hardware and software requirements
The On-Premises image requires 150GB of storage for virtual disk space. Please ensure this is available prior to installation.
- Minimum 1024 X 768 X 256-color video resolution, 1280 x 1024 recommended
VMware® vSphere server (recommended) or VMware® ESX server
CA Agile Central VMware Appliance Configuration:
- Minimum 6GB of allocated memory. CA Agile Central Software recommends 8 to 12 GB of RAM for improved performance for subscriptions that may serve a higher volume of requests.
- 2 CPUs
- 150 GB Disk
Supported web browsers
We at CA Agile Central are committed to making our software easily accessible. You can access CA Agile Central wherever you have a connection to your On-Premises server via a PC, Linux, or Macintosh computer.
Nevertheless, it is not possible or practical for us to support every operating system and browser combination that is available. To take advantage of the newest CA Agile Central features, we recommend that you use one of the following fully supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer*
We support the two latest versions of each of these browsers. We do not recommend using development, test, or beta versions of these web browsers. Versions that are not publicly released may not work properly with the CA Agile Central application. In particular, we strongly suggest using Chrome.
* Internet Explorer We support Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10. CA Agile Central no longer supports Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer 7.
- Minimum Adobe Reader 5.0 Microsoft Windows platforms (not Linux)
- Adobe Reader 7.0 recommended
Defects resolved in Release 2013.2
- DE17047 - Selecting Group by Display Color on the Track>Tasks page custom view results in error
- DE17219 - Task Board edit function drops existing owner when tasks are edited
- DE17369 - 404 error message after updating a parent story on the Kanban Board
- DE17465 - Task Board pencil icon not allowing users to edit tasks
- DE17559 - LoginKey integrations not accepting valid credentials
- DE17649 - Some users unable to load dashboard when using Internet Explorer 8
- DE17731 - Timesheets not loading in Internet Explorer 8
- DE17732 - Creating a new user story using Add with Detail causes %20 to display in the story name
- DE17799 - Unable to Print Report on the Release Status page
- DE17781 - Unable to Add New Story on the Plan>Plan page
- DE17829 - Sort order option for rank doesn’t display drag and drop icon on Quality > Defect or Plan > User Stories pages
- DE17845 - Chooser does not allow access to next page, searching or filtering when using Internet Explorer 8
- DE17956 - Some users unable to save user stories or defects on Plan > Backlog and Plan > User Stories pages
- DE18201 - Some users unable to load data or view tab pages on the Kanban Board
- DE18549 - Task Board throws error rather than displaying State attribute
Known issues in Release 2013.2
SQL error when restoring data sets does not require action
A bug that displayed a SQL error when restoring data sets has been fixed in the On-Premises 2013.2 release. The error appears on https://ONPREM_HOST/controlpanel/actionfiles/restorebackup.php when the user successfully executes a restore process. The error is related to database index query optimization and is safe to ignore as a background task runs weekly to re-create the index optimizations to fix this issue. However, since the bug existed in 2013.1 and previous releases and is related to data restoration, the SQL error will still display when restoring data from a 2013.1 release or earlier to a 2013.2 or later release.
Restore error for older backups does not require action
When performing a restore from an older backup prior to adding the UUID database column, an error message is logged to the restore log when the On-Premises license key checker is run. The error message goes away during the restore process when migrations are run. The migration will insert the required UUID database column values.
Not all work items may be recovered from the Recycle Bin
Only user stories, portfolio items, defects, test cases, and tasks are recoverable from the Recycle Bin.
Dragging test sets into the backlog on the Plan page
Dragging a test set from an iteration into the backlog on the Plan page will appear to make the test set disappear. The test set is still in CA Agile Central, but it has become unscheduled. To view the test set, go to the Iteration Status page and choose an iteration drop-down value of Unscheduled.
Popup blockers and CA Agile Central
Be aware that some of CA Agile Central’s content is displayed using popup windows. Popup blockers may inhibit this functionality. To correct this, configure your popup blockers to allow CA Agile Central popups.
User story list view displays incorrect summaries when parent stories are shown
Users who have both parent and child stories visible in the List (flat) view on the User Stories page will see summaries at the top of the list that combine parent and child estimates. We are considering fixing this by only showing child stories in this view, and would appreciate your feedback.
Iteration Defect Status printed report shows incorrect totals
The default settings for “Print Report” on Iteration Defect Status work correctly. However, if you deselect “show nested items” the report will indicate that all stories have “no defects”, even if some do. To work around this, make sure you keep “show nested items” checked when printing this report.
Custom Timesheet Reports will display "No Entry" where a custom field should be if CA Agile Central artifact is deleted
If you run a Custom Timesheet Report that includes deleted data, the output will include "No Entry" instead of a custom field name for any deleted work items.
Pasting formatted text from MS Word may result in error
Copy-pasting rich-format text into a work item editor from Microsoft Word may result in formatting or system errors. To work around this issue, compose directly in the CA Agile Central work item editors, or convert your entry to plain text before pasting.
Salesforce.com Integration: Create defect function does not instantly respond
The create defect function found in Salesforce does not immediately provide feedback from the associated CA Agile Central subscription. This may result in the inadvertent creation of multiple defects. Click the button only once to avoid this issue.