The Quality Management page provides you with a single location to organize and manage test cases into test folders. When planning your test effort, assemble test cases in a hierarchy of folders, then see the summarized results.
Quality management includes the following:
- Create, View, Edit, or Delete Test Cases or Test Folders
- Test Folders
Use test folders to organize and group your tests into functional areas.
- Test Cases
Create, View, Edit, or Delete a Test Folder or a Test Case
- Select the + Add New button at the top of the pane.
- Type text into the name field to enable the Create button. Select Create to quickly add the item. Select Create with details to enter additional details before creating the item.
- Select Create.
View options are located in the upper-right corner of the Quality Management page.
You can switch between views to see the following:
- Test Cases View
Test cases that are not structured in a test folder (unparented).
- Mixed View
Shows a side-by-side view of unparented test cases and test folders.
You can drag-and-drop test cases into test folders, from the unparented pane or from another test folder.
- Test Folders View
Shows a more detailed view of your test folders.
- Charts View
Display a chart showing test case information. Test cases can be displayed by:
You can filter on a column's values to help with locating test cases or test folders. You can work with quick filters or advanced filters, but you cannot combine the two.
To add filtering:
- Select Filters.
- Select Manage Filters to list the fields available for filtering. Select one or more fields.
- Select Apply to apply the filter.
Enter or select a value to filter the items in the view. Select Reset to reset the values used by the filter.
Advanced filters allow you to specify more detail than in the quick filter settings. Using advanced filters, you can:
- Specify a date range
- Use more operators when defining a filter (other than "=" or "contains")
When you switch to advanced filters, CA Agile Central ports your quick filter settings. You can then adjust the detail of the filter.
To clear the advanced filters, select Clear All.
Switching back to quick filters displays the message "Returning to Quick Filters may change your results. All operators will be converted to either '=' or 'contains'."
Search or scroll to select columns that you want to display. Select Apply to confirm your selections.
You can reorder columns (except for Rank, ID, or Name) by dragging and dropping the column header to the new location.
You can edit test folders or test cases several ways from the Quality Management page.
In the QDP
- Select the FormattedID of the test folder or test case you want to edit.
- In the QDP, make any necessary changes.
- Select Save & Close.
You can inline edit many of the details on the Quality Management page by selecting the field. Type or select the new field value, then press Enter to save your changes. You can also select outside of the grid area to save. Press Esc to cancel any changes.
You can bulk edit one or more fields in a single work item, or one or more common fields in multiple work items.
- Select one or more work item (test cases or test folders), then select the Edit (pencil) icon.
- Select the fields that you want to edit and select a new value in each field.
- Select Apply.
- Select the checkbox next to the item (test folder or test case) that you want to delete.
- Select the recycle icon in the upper-right of the pane.
- Select OK on the confirmation message.
Create hierarchical test folders
To organize your test cases, you can create a hierarchy of test folders. Create a hierarchy by assigning a parent or child test folder.
Assign a parent test folder
- Drag an unparented test case to a test folder.
- In the Test Folders pane, drag a test case or test folder to a different test folder.
Create Child Test Folders
- From the Test Folders pane, select +Add New.
- On the new row, enter the name for your child test folder.
Test Folder Status
The Quality Management page can display a status bar for each test folder. The status bar rolls up the test results of the test cases in the folder, as well as results in child folders.
- Add the Test Folder Status column. Learn more.
- Hover over the status bar to display details.
- Green = Passing test cases
- Red = Failing test cases
- Yellow = All other test case result verdicts not passing or failing (such as inconclusive, error, or custom values)
- Gray = No result
Import Test Cases
You can import test cases with test steps using Actions, Import Work Items. Learn more.
Add Test Cases to Test Folders
Add test cases to test folders using drag-and-drop.
Note the following:
- Test cases can only be added to a single test folder.
- Only test cases from the selected project can be added to a test folder.
- The chooser only displays test cases that reside in the selected project.
- If a test case contained within a test folder is moved to a different project, the Test Folder field of the test case is cleared.
Rank Test Cases in a Test Folder
Rank test cases on the Quality Management page in an executable order by using drag-and-drop. To change the order of a test case in a folder, select the test case and drag it to the correct placement.
Remove a Test Case From a Test Folder
You can remove a test case from a test folder by selecting the x on the right side of the test case.
You can also drag-and-drop a test case to a different test folder, or to the Unparented Test Cases pane.