Quick Detail Pages
CA Agile Central has released new Quick Detail Pages that allow you to efficiently edit fields on portfolio items, defects, user stories and tasks. Quick detail pages are designed to provide the most important information about work items quickly and without changing a user's context.
The new QDPs are the default for portfolio items, defects, user stories and tasks. Click on a formatted ID and a panel slides out from the right side of your window that looks like the following:
Quick Detail Pages consist of the following topics:
- Create new
- Rich-text Description and Notes
- Assign an iteration and release
- New Quick Detail Page FAQs
Click the Add with details button to open the QDP panel and create new user stories, defects, tasks, or portfolio items.
Once you're done adding details, you can select the Create button to save the work item and stay in context with the page you're on. Click the Create + New button to add another work item.
The QDP header displays the following buttons:
- Formatted ID
- Default view toggle
- Show or hide fields
- X or close
Scroll down the QDP to view all the fields. Click the Show/Hide fields icon to manage the fields you want to see.
Click the Default view toggle to switch between Quick View and Full View. The setting will become your default.
A green Saved indicator displays at the top of the page confirming the field has been saved.
The Discard button will cancel any changes you have made, and retain your context in the QDP.
Click X in the top-right to close the QDP and return to previous context. A warning message displays if you have any unsaved changes.
Drag the color bar on the left side of the QDP to resize the QDP. The maximum size is 800 pixels.
The top of the quick detail page includes icons to the following:
- Test cases
- Defect suites - available on defect quick detail pages
- Test sets - available on test set quick detail pages
Click one of the work item icons to view and manage work associated with the original work item. For example, click the Tasks icon to display the collection page.
From a collection page, you can:
For tasks, children, test cases, and defects, you can perform the following actions:
- Bulk edit and delete
- Add a new work item
- Filter the list of work items
- Select columns to show on the page
- Export to CSV
Bulk edit work items
Select up to four values to it across work items. Click Apply to save changes.
Add a new work item
The work item field is automatically selected based on what you clicked from the quick detail page.
Filter the list of work items
You can apply one or more filters to the page using multi-select. Click Apply to save your filters.
Select columns to show on the page
Multi-select columns you want to display on the page and click Apply.
Export to CSV
Click the icon to automatically export work items to a CSV file.
Click the discussion icon to open the rich-text editor. Click Post to add your discussion.
Rich-text Description and Notes
QDP provides quick, easy access to these fields. Drag and drop a picture or table into either field for instant upload. Click anywhere inside the field to start scrolling. Drag the bottom right corner to expand.
Assign an iteration and release
Drag or click to add attachments in the attachments field. Hover over attachment names after upload for a preview.
New Quick Detail Page FAQs
How do I know when my data is saved?
- Changes to all fields save when you navigate to the next field or click the Done button.
- A green Saved indicator displays at the top confirming the field has been saved.
How do I get to the editable detail page (EDP)?
- Click the formatted ID at the top of the QDP.
If you accidentally close the QDP and have unsaved changes, what happens?
- You’ll get a warning message alerting you that you have unsaved changes.
What is the purpose of the Discard button?
- The Discard button removes all changes since the last save.
How do I add an owner to the story or task?
- The owner drop-down menu contains the current owner and all of the people designated as team members on the current project. You can also search to find any user who has editor permissions on the project.
Can I create a new work item in the QDP?
- Not right now, but watch for this option in a future release.