Modifying Schedule States
Schedule State is a built-in drop-down field that is shared by the user story, defect, and defect suite work items. It is used to indicate progress and track performance.
Schedule State behaves slightly different from custom drop-down fields:
- It can only have six values, two of which may be hidden and/or customized.
- Four of the values are non-modifiable (they cannot be edited or disabled):
- There is a customizable value before Defined ("Custom 1"), and a customizable value after Accepted ("Custom 2")
To change either of the two custom values, follow these steps:
- Bring up the Schedule State field editor window.
- Click the setup icon in the upper right corner of Rally.
- Click the Workspaces & Projects link.
- Select the name of your workspace.
- Click the Fields link that appears in the sidebar to the left.
- Select Defect or User Story from the Work Item drop-down. Changes to this field will span across all artifacts that contain it, and work items will be updated to reflect any changes to the schedule state.
- Click the gear icon to the left of the Schedule State field and select Edit.
- Select the Custom 1 value by clicking on it in the Drop Down List Values box.
- Change the value in the Value field.
- Change the value in the Legend field.
- Check the check box next to the Enabled field.
- Click on the green Actions checkmark.
- Save your changes.
Your new Schedule State value(s) are now ready to use.