Risk work items allow you to track risks in CA Agile Central alongside all of your other work. You can:
- Resolve, own, accept, or mitigate (ROAM) risks from your planning meetings.
- Link risks to portfolio items or add them to a release.
- Add tasks to address the actions related to the risk.
Create a Risk Work Item
From the Work Views page (Plan, Work Views):
- Select + Add New.
- In Work Item Types, select Risk.
- To Create with Details, only one value from either the Work Item Types or Projects drop-down must be selected.
- To enable the quick add Create button, at least one value from both the Work Item Types and Projects drop-down must be selected, and a name entered.
- Complete the fields for the Risk work item and select Create.
Indicates whether the risk has been:
If program risks are raised during Big Room Planning or Program Increment Planning, teams can ROAM these risks using this field.
|Resolution||A short description of the response. Limited to 256 characters.|
View or Edit a Risk
To view or edit a risk, select the FormattedID from the Work Views page. The risk work item displays in the QDP.
The Tasks collection allows you create actions that can be included and planned for in team work to mitigate or resolve risks if needed. To add tasks:
- Select the Tasks collection in the QDP.
- Select + Add New in the Tasks summary.
- Add or update a task as necessary.
Work Items Affected
The Work Items Affected collection contains work items that are affected by the selected risk. To associate a risk to a work item:
- Select the Work Items Affected collection in the QDP.
- Select + Add New in the summary.
- Associate the risk to a work item, either by creating a new work item or choosing an existing work item.
Calculated risk is a measure of the severity risk that is based on the impact multiplied by the probability. You can use this value to determine which risks need to be mitigated. This chart shows the severity of calculated risk based on impact and probability.
Calculated risk is an integer value from 1 to 9, calculated by multiplying the probability by the impact. You cannot edit the value, except by changing the probability or impact value.
You can inline edit risk fields on the Work Views page by selecting the field, then editing or selecting a value. Learn more.
How to ROAM Risks
Rather than developing a specific ROAM board to allow you to ROAM your risks (setting the Resolution to Resolved, Owned, Accepted, or Mitigated), we recommend using Work Views, a custom list, or a custom board. To set this up with a custom board:
- Create a custom page for ROAMing risks. Learn more.
- Add a Custom Board app from the app catalog. Learn more.
- Configure the Custom Board app settings so that it displays risks using the resolution for the columns.
You can then use this board to create risks and ROAM them in your planning events.