Use Funding Increments
Funding increments are a business-centric view of work across projects and timeboxes. You can associate and track financial information with a collection of work. Funding increments are scoped at the workspace level. Custom fields are allowed.
Funding Increments versus Milestones
|Are target dates for events that are important to the business, such as a trade show||Track a collection of work that rolls up to a shared funding amount, such as financial data|
|Can be project specific||Can be created at the workspace level|
|Can be associated to any work item||Can only be associated to the lowest-level portfolio item|
|Learn more about milestones||Show all the work associated with an investment|
Create and Manage Funding Increments
To create a new funding increment:
- From the Portfolio menu, select the Funding Increments page.
- On the Funding Increments summary page, click Add New.
- Enter a name and select Create With Details.
- Complete the following required fields:
- Name: Must be a unique value.
- Start Date
- End Date
- Amount: Must be a numeric value with a maximum of 13 digits. The value is currently only in US Dollars.
To associate work with a funding increment:
- From the Funding Increment Quick Detail page, click the portfolio items icon to open the portfolio items page.
- Click Add New.
- Use the chooser and filter functions to find and select one or more portfolio items.
- Click Done.
Track the status of a funding increment
There are three ways to track the percent done for a funding increment:
- Story Plan Estimate: The aggregate of the Percent Done by Story Plan Estimate on each associated feature.
- Workdays: The number of workdays that have elapsed beginning from the Start Date to the End Date of the funding increment.
- Child Artifacts Scheduled: The number of features associated to the funding increment that have the Release field set with a value other than Unscheduled.