Create a New Site
System administrators can create new sites from the Manage Sites page. When you create a new site, you must specify the site sponsor, vanity URL, and site name.
- Click the Sites tab, then select the Create page.
- On the Setup Wizard, enter a site name.
The name must be unique and contain 4–25 characters. The wizard will indicate whether your site name is valid.
- Enter a description.
This description displays on the site list page.
- Enter the site sponsor's email address.
The sponsor is the first site administrator who will configure, setup, and manage the site after it is created. System administrators can change a site sponsor at any time. The site sponsor can add site administrators from their sites.
- The suffix field defaults to the site name. Optionally, you can change the vanity URL. This site sponsor or future site administrators can change the site name, site description, and vanity URL later.
The base URL cannot be changed. These fields are automatically populated.
- Click Create Site.
- On the New Site window, click one of the following links:
- Go visit your new site. Go directly to the new site.
- Configure the site access groups. Go to the Manage page to define site access for users.
When you create a new site, the site sponsor is sent a system-generated email notifying them that their site has been created. The email is also sent to the system administrator who created the site. The email reads:
Dear <site sponsor name>,
Your <site name> site has been created. Click <URL link> to login or paste the following in to your browser <URL link>.
For more information on setting up your site, click here.
As a system administrator, you automatically have access to any site you create.