2013 Q2 Release Notes
These notes provide pertinent information regarding the additions to CA Agile Central On-Demand during the second quarter of 2013. Features and defect fixes continually released between May 1 and July 31, 2013 are included. Hardware and software requirements, compatibility, and known issues for the CA Agile Central Enterprise and Unlimited Editions during this time period are also provided.
What’s new in Q2
For CA Agile Central Unlimited customers:
CA Agile Central Unlimited Edition includes everything in CA Agile Central Enterprise Edition, plus:
- Portfolio management (CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager)
- Authentication and security management (CA Agile Central Advanced Security and Administration)
- Idea management (CA Agile Central Idea Manager)
- Quality management (CA Agile Central Quality Manager)
- Time tracking (CA Agile Central Time Tracker)
- Enterprise integrations with HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and Salesforce.com (CA Agile Central Support Manager)
- Development sandbox for testing apps and integrations on a copy of your production data
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: Feature Delivery Status
You can now view and update the release status of features that have a planned end date that is past the release date and stories scheduled into later releases or iterations. If your feature is not going to be done on time, the % Done pop-up allows you to edit the planned end date and any associated user stories.
If you have user stories that are scheduled for later releases or iterations, you can click the View link to edit the current release or iteration for the user stories.
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: Print Portfolio Timeline
You can now print and display copies of the Portfolio Timeline. This feature allows you to share the status of your portfolio whenever and wherever needed, whether in an important last-minute meeting or simply to give teams the current status of key product initiatives. Printouts of the Portfolio Timeline can be used as an alternative to viewing the timeline in CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager.
On the Portfolio Item Timeline, click Page Tools and select the Print option.
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: % Done field coloring and status changes
In response to customer feedback, we have updated the calculation algorithm that determines the field coloring (red, yellow, green) and status (Late, At Risk, On Track) of portfolio item % Done to eliminate premature yellow (At Risk) and red (Late) status detection when tracking portfolio items.
With the new calculation, the % Done fields:
- Do not display yellow (At Risk) until 20% of the portfolio item duration has elapsed
- Do not display red (Late) until 40% of the portfolio item duration has elapsed
The portfolio item duration is defined by the Planned Start Date and Planned End Date fields.
CA Agile Central’s beta programs get you involved with improving effectiveness and usability of new features before they are released. If you would like to participate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to the SOAP, REST, & JSON Web Service API
Web Services API deprecation policy
In order to support developer toolkits, custom apps, and queries more effectively, we are introducing a formal deprecation policy to the Web Services API. With the new policy, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to support older versions of the WSAPI for one year after a new version is released.
Versions 1.0 through 1.37 of the WSAPI will enter this one year deprecation period on October 1st, 2012. These versions will no longer be supported after October 1st, 2013. Additionally, the following versions will no longer be supported by the date indicated in parentheses: 1.38 (November 6, 2014); 1.39 (December 5, 2014); 1.40 (March 15, 2014); 1.41 (April 17, 2014); 1.42 (May 8, 2014); 1.43 (June 20, 2014).
The current version of the WSAPI, 2.0, is fully supported. Its one year deprecation period will begin on the date that the next version is released. You may review the full deprecation policy in the CA Agile Central Web Services API documentation.
Hardware and software requirements
We at CA Agile Central are committed to making our software easily accessible. You can access CA Agile Central wherever you have an Internet connection via a PC, Linux, or Macintosh computer. Because this software is available through the World Wide Web, many of the constraints regarding which computer and software you use to access this material have been removed.
Nevertheless, it is not possible or practical for us to support every operating system and browser combination that is available. To take advantage of the newest CA Agile Central features, we recommend that you use one of the following fully supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer*
We support the two latest versions of each of these browsers. We do not recommend using development, test, or beta versions of these web browsers. Versions that are not publicly released may not work properly with the CA Agile Central application. In particular we strongly suggest using Chrome.
* Internet Explorer Currently, we support Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 9, and Internet Explorer 8. CA Agile Central does not support Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer 7.
- Minimum Adobe Reader 5.0 Microsoft Windows platforms (not Linux)
- Adobe Reader 7.0 or higher recommended
- Minimum 1024 X 768 X 256-color video resolution, 1280 x 1024 recommended.
Defect fixes in Q2
The following defects were resolved and patched during the second quarter of 2013:
- DE15246 - Unable to query on DirectChildrenCount in a custom view
- DE16404 - Cumulative Flow mini-chart on Release Task Status page does not display when clicked
- DE16795 - DirectChildrenCount value is inaccurate on a copied story when the original contained children
- DE16808 - HTML tags incorrectly exported in Name and Rich Text fields
- DE17029 - Release filtered page does not filter PI Features by release
- DE17108 - Task Board error when editing
- DE17219 - Task Board edit function drops existing owner when tasks are edited
- DE17369 - 404 error message after updating a parent story on the Kanban Board
- DE17465 - Task Board pencil icon not allowing users to edit tasks
- DE17559 - LoginKey integrations not accepting valid credentials
- DE17731 - Timesheets not loading in Internet Explorer 8
- DE17781 - Unable to Add New Story on the Plan>Plan page
Known issues in Q2
Kanban loading error when using Firefox browser
Some users with large data sets are experiencing errors when loading the Kanban board. This issue is resolved by using the Chrome browser to load the board instead of Firefox.
Some users sporadically receive multiple notification emails for a single change
Some email notifications are not respecting notification rules.
Not all work items may be recovered from the Recycle Bin
Only user stories, portfolio items, defects, test cases, and tasks are recoverable from the Recycle Bin.
Dragging test sets into the backlog on the Plan page
Dragging a test set from an iteration into the backlog on the Plan page will appear to make the test set disappear. The test set is still in CA Agile Central, but it has become unscheduled. To view the test set, go to the Iteration Status page and choose an iteration drop-down value of Unscheduled.
Popup blockers and CA Agile Central
Be aware that some of CA Agile Central’s content is displayed using popup windows. Popup blockers may inhibit this functionality. To correct this, configure your popup blockers to allow CA Agile Central popups.
User story list view displays incorrect summaries when parent stories are shown
Users who have both parent and child stories visible in the List (flat) view on the User Stories page will see summaries at the top of the list that combine parent and child estimates. We are considering fixing this by only showing child stories in this view, and would appreciate your feedback.
Iteration Defect Status printed report shows incorrect totals
The default settings for “Print Report” on Iteration Defect Status work correctly. However, if you deselect “show nested items” the report will indicate that all stories have “no defects”, even if some do. To work around this, make sure you keep “show nested items” checked when printing this report.
Custom Timesheet Reports will display "No Entry" where a custom field should be if CA Agile Central artifact is deleted
If you run a Custom Timesheet Report that includes deleted data, the output will include "No Entry" instead of a custom field name for any deleted work items.
Salesforce.com Integration: Create defect function does not instantly respond
The create defect function found in Salesforce does not immediately provide feedback from the associated CA Agile Central subscription. This may result in the inadvertent creation of multiple defects. Click the button only once to avoid this issue.
Pasting formatted text from MS Word may result in error
Copy-pasting rich-format text into a work item editor from Microsoft Word may result in formatting or system errors. To work around this issue, compose directly in the CA Agile Central work item editors, or convert your entry to plain text before pasting.
To contact CA Agile Central Support, click the Contact Support link in the lower-left corner of CA Agile Central.