2012 Q4 Release Notes
These notes provide pertinent information regarding the additions to CA Agile Central On-Demand during the fourth quarter of 2012. Features and defect fixes continually released between October 27th and January 31st, 2013 are included. Hardware and software requirements, compatibility, and known issues for the CA Agile Central Community, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions during this time period are also provided.
What’s new in Q4
For CA Agile Central Unlimited customers:
CA Agile Central Unlimited Edition includes everything in CA Agile Central Enterprise Edition, plus:
- Portfolio management (CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager)
- Authentication and security management (CA Agile Central Advanced Security and Administration)
- Idea management (CA Agile Central Idea Manager)
- Quality management (CA Agile Central Quality Manager)
- Time tracking (CA Agile Central Time Tracker)
- Enterprise integrations with HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and Salesforce.com (CA Agile Central Support Manager)
- Development sandbox for testing apps and integrations on a copy of your production data
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: Custom query filter on Portfolio Timeline and Hierarchy apps
You may enter SQL-style queries into the field to filter the portfolio items that display in the app. Queries are processed by the Web Services API. Click the link on the top right of the page to view Web Services API documentation.
To access the Query field, click the gear icon in the header of the app, then select Edit Settings.
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: Portfolio Kanban enhancements
Custom query filter
The Portfolio Kanban Board app has been updated to support the Query field.
You may enter SQL-style queries into the field to filter the cards that display in the app. Queries are processed by the Web Services API. Click the link on the top right of the page to view Web Services API documentation.
To access the Query field, click the gear icon in the header of the app, then select Edit Settings.
View and add discussions
If discussions are already present on a work item, an icon will display, indicating the total number of comments.
For CA Agile Central Enterprise and Unlimited customers:
Iteration Planning Board
With the new Iteration Planning Board app, your team can view user stories and defects that are ready to be scheduled and view any work items scheduled in the next three iterations.
The app provides multiple features that allow you to:
- Add work items from the backlog
- Drag cards into the correct iteration
- View up to three upcoming iterations in addition to the backlog column
- View the velocity for each iteration at the top of each column
- Search the backlog column for work items
- Hover over the ID field to view the description of the card
- Drag a card vertically to change its rank
- Add new work items
- Create, update and delete tasks
- View and update discussions
- View and update associated defects
Click here to learn more about the app's features.
View active user licenses
On the Users page, the count of remaining seats now displays at the top. The count equals the remaining seats of all total seats.
- Remaining = (paid seats + unpaid seats) - total active users
- Total = sum of paid and unpaid seats
- Remaining does not include disabled users
To view the remaining and total number of licenses, select the Setup link from the upper-right corner of any CA Agile Central page, then click the Users tab. The number of active licenses displays to the right of the New User field.
Project-level custom field visibility
You may control the visibility of custom fields at the project level. In the past, custom fields could only be set as hidden or visible for the entire workspace. Now you can control which teams have access to a field, and streamline the appearance of user story, defect, and other work item editors.
To support this new feature, we've updated the Fields summary page. You may access the page when viewing the details of either a workspace or project. Where you access the page from will affect the details of the data displayed.
Click here to learn about custom fields, visibility, and how to access the Fields summary page.
View and update work item discussions
You may quickly view and comment in a work item discussion, without leaving the page. Click the discussion icon on the page to access comments for a work item. Use the Reply button to add a new comment.
Discussion icons are displayed by default on the Iteration Status and Release Status pages. You may add the Discussion column to custom summary pages, custom views, and grid-style apps to display the icon.
View all apps in full screen mode
We have added a View Full Screen option for all apps in the CA Agile Central App catalog. Any app can now be viewed in full screen mode. In the gear drop-down menu, select View Full Screen.
Split story enhancements
Creating a parent to connect two stories is now optional. The Create a parent to connect both stories option is selected by default on the story splitting screen. Simply un-check the option if you do not want a parent story to automatically be created to connect the two stories. The Release drop-down field is now available when splitting stories, allowing you to select from any current or future release for both unfinished and continued stories.
Query Web Services with new variables and expressions
New date variables and expressions are available for Web Services API queries, or when using the Query field in supported apps. Special date variables and expressions provide you with more power to express dates relative to today, as well as include or exclude items occurring at various distances in the past or future.
For example, to view Portfolio Items that are expected to start development in the next 30 days, you would write the expression as:
- ((PlannedStartDate > "today") AND (PlannedStartDate < "nextmonth"))
Another example is if you wanted to view all stories that were accepted yesterday but exclude stories accepted today, the expression would be:
- (AcceptedDate = "yesterday")
Click here to view more date variable examples.
When using the Web Services API or the Query field in apps, you may quickly filter by your username with new syntax. When querying by a username, use currentuser. You must be logged into CA Agile Central to use this syntax. For example, to find all items you own, structure the query as:
(Owner = "currentuser")
Hierarchy app enhancements
Create, edit, and re-parent tasks from hierarchy apps
You may use the Story Hierarchy and Portfolio Hierarchy apps to create and manage tasks associated to the lowest-level user stories in your hierarchy. Use the gear icon next to a story to create a new task. You may also drag-and-drop to re-parent tasks, or copy, edit, and delete existing tasks with the gear icon.
You can manage your entire hierarchy, top-to-bottom, with these apps. Try installing multiple copies of the app on a custom page, each targeted at different projects, to manage your work across the organization.
View states retained in hierarchy apps
The Story Hierarchy and Portfolio Hierarchy apps have been enhanced to remember the last view state used used. The apps remember the state of open and closed rows when navigating to other pages or updating data.
Resources field changed to Planned Velocity
The Resources field in CA Agile Central has changed to Planned Velocity. When creating an iteration in CA Agile Central, use the Planned Velocity field to record how many user story points (or other value) the team thinks that it can complete for the iteration.
View open projects and workspaces by default
The Workspaces & Projects setting screen now displays open workspaces and projects by default. This enhancement provides administrators with a quick view of their active projects. To view closed projects and workspaces, change the State drop-down to All, and click the Filter button.
CA Agile Central’s beta programs get you involved with improving effectiveness and usability of new features before they are released. If you would like to participate, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to the SOAP, REST, & JSON Web Service API
Web Services API deprecation policy
In order to support developer toolkits, custom apps, and queries more effectively, we are introducing a formal deprecation policy to the Web Services API. With the new policy, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to support older versions of the WSAPI for one year after a new version is released.
Versions 1.0 through 1.36 of the WSAPI will enter this one year deprecation period on October 1st, 2012. These versions will no longer be supported after October 1st, 2013.
The current version of the WSAPI, 1.37, is fully supported. Its one year deprecation period will begin on the date that version 1.38 is released. You may review the full deprecation policy in the CA Agile Central Web Services API documentation.
Hardware and software requirements
We at CA Agile Central are committed to making our software easily accessible. You can access CA Agile Central wherever you have an Internet connection via a PC, Linux, or Macintosh computer. Because this software is available through the World Wide Web, many of the constraints regarding which computer and software you use to access this material have been removed.
Nevertheless, it is not possible or practical for us to support every operating system and browser combination that is available. To take advantage of the newest CA Agile Central features, we recommend that you use one of the following fully supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer*
We support the two latest versions of each of these browsers. We do not recommend using development, test, or beta versions of these web browsers. Versions that are not publicly released may not work properly with the CA Agile Central application. In particular we strongly suggest using Chrome.
* Internet Explorer Currently, we support Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 8, and provide limited support for Internet Explorer 7.
- Minimum Adobe Reader 5.0 Microsoft Windows platforms (not Linux)
- Adobe Reader 7.0 or higher recommended
- Minimum 1024 X 768 X 256-color video resolution, 1280 x 1024 recommended.
Defect fixes in Q4
The following defects were resolved and patched during the fourth quarter of 2012:
- DE8892 - Text between <<< and >>> marks in test case steps is ignored
- DE11532 - Estimation Board settings hang up in IE8
- DE14232 - Portfolio items do not align with timeline view in Internet Explorer
- DE14688 - Some users are seeing incorrect data in the Iteration Summary app
- DE14996 - Errors display when attempting to bulk edit a group of portfolio items
- DE15003 - Searching for a test set by FormattedID results in an error screen
- DE15025 - Some users see an error screen when adding a parent to a portfolio item
- DE15077 - Multi-edit on defects causes duplication of data in integer field
- DE15092 - URLs from Timesheet page are incorrect
- DE15103 - Blocked Reason and Ready fields cannot be displayed as a column in custom views
- DE15105 - Blocked Reason field cannot be reported
- DE15173 - Print, Email and Export to PDF functions not working on the Reports page
- DE15191 - Green help icon on charts run from the Reports tab does nothing
- DE15221 - Package field column shows no data on Plan>Backlog page or Custom Grids
- DE15343 - HTML not working in Test Case Steps
- DE15378 - Custom grid work product URL not mapped properly
- DE15404 - Blocked Reason field on custom view causes no records to export
- DE15566 - Some users unable to expand views or perform in-line edits when using Internet Explorer
- DE15701 - Error when trying to create custom field
- DE15715 - Notifications email doesn't include the name of the user who made the modification
- DE15726 - Some users getting blank screen when logging into CA Agile Central
- DE15759 - Program dashboard "percent of work accepted" in program incorrectly rendered
- DE15801 - Clicking on links on dashboard not working in Firefox 18
- DE15815 - Some users not receiving password reset emails
- DE15984 - Error accessing the Reports tab
Known issues in Q4
Not all work items may be recovered from the Recycle Bin
Only user stories, portfolio items, defects, test cases, and tasks are recoverable from the Recycle Bin.
Dragging test sets into the backlog on the Plan page
Dragging a test set from an iteration into the backlog on the Plan page will appear to make the test set disappear. The test set is still in CA Agile Central, but it has become unscheduled. To view the test set, go to the Iteration Status page and choose an iteration drop-down value of Unscheduled.
Popup blockers and CA Agile Central
Be aware that some of CA Agile Central’s content is displayed using popup windows. Popup blockers may inhibit this functionality. To correct this, configure your popup blockers to allow CA Agile Central popups.
User story list view displays incorrect summaries when parent stories are shown
Users who have both parent and child stories visible in the List (flat) view on the User Stories page will see summaries at the top of the list that combine parent and child estimates. We are considering fixing this by only showing child stories in this view, and would appreciate your feedback.
Iteration Defect Status printed report shows incorrect totals
The default settings for “Print Report” on Iteration Defect Status work correctly. However, if you deselect “show nested items” the report will indicate that all stories have “no defects”, even if some do. To work around this, make sure you keep “show nested items” checked when printing this report.
Custom Timesheet Reports will display "No Entry" where a custom field should be if CA Agile Central artifact is deleted
If you run a Custom Timesheet Report that includes deleted data, the output will include "No Entry" instead of a custom field name for any deleted work items.
Salesforce.com Integration: Create defect function does not instantly respond
The create defect function found in Salesforce does not immediately provide feedback from the associated CA Agile Central subscription. This may result in the inadvertent creation of multiple defects. Click the button only once to avoid this issue.
Pasting formatted text from MS Word may result in error
Copy-pasting rich-format text into a work item editor from Microsoft Word may result in formatting or system errors. To work around this issue, compose directly in the CA Agile Central work item editors, or convert your entry to plain text before pasting.
To contact CA Agile Central Support, click the Contact Support link in the lower-left corner of CA Agile Central.