2012 Q2 Release Notes
These notes provide pertinent information regarding the additions to CA Agile Central On-Demand during the second quarter of 2012. Features and defect fixes continually released between May 27th and July 28th, 2012 are included. Hardware and software requirements, compatibility, and known issues for the CA Agile Central Enterprise and Unlimited Editions during this time period are also provided.
What’s new in Q2
For CA Agile Central Unlimited customers:
CA Agile Central Unlimited Edition includes everything in CA Agile Central Enterprise Edition, plus:
- Portfolio management (CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager)
- Authentication and security management (CA Agile Central Advanced Security and Administration)
- Idea management (CA Agile Central Idea Manager)
- Quality management (CA Agile Central Quality Manager)
- Time tracking (CA Agile Central Time Tracker)
- Enterprise integrations with HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and Salesforce.com (CA Agile Central Support Manager)
- Development sandbox for testing apps and integrations on a copy of your production data
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: Portfolio Kanban Board enhancements
Two enhancements have been made to the Portfolio Kanban Board app settings menu:
Additional portfolio item fields may be viewed on cards displayed in the app. You may control what fields are shown in the settings menu of the app.
A persistent Type setting may also be configured in the settings menu. You no longer have to change the type of portfolio items displayed when accessing the app for the first time. This eliminates confusion between settings when viewing a board in different projects or workspaces, and gives organizers an option to send links to type-specific boards on custom pages.
CA Agile Central Portfolio Manager: Portfolio Timeline enhancements
The Portfolio Timeline page and app have been updated with several enhancements, to enable better visibility of the status of planned and in-progress portfolio items. Features include:
- Colored bar indicators reflecting status of current portfolio items
- A legend explaining the meaning of colored bars in the timeline
- The percent done by story count figure is displayed to the left of each bar
- Hover over a timeline bar to view improved detail data, including FormattedID, Name, Status, % Done by Story Plan Estimate, and % Done by Story Count fields.
- Timeline scope goes back one year into the past.
For CA Agile Central Enterprise and Unlimited customers:
Copy tasks from another work item
If your organization creates user stories, defects, or other work items that host a template set of tasks, you can now easily copy all of those tasks to the work item currently being planned. This speeds up the process of creating tasks and associating them to a new work item.
The copy tasks from feature is accessed when viewing the work item that is being planned and tasked out. You may use the copy tasks from icon on the Iteration Status and Release Status pages, or you may access the command when viewing the detail page of a work item.
App view enhancements
Two new features have been added to many of the apps available in CA Agile Central:
The View Full Screen option opens the app in a new browser tab or window, without the CA Agile Central header and menus. This is useful for viewing larger apps, such as the Kanban Board or Task Board. It is also useful when viewing an app with limited screen space, such as on a projector.
The Auto Height setting automatically adjusts the vertical size of an app, when it is the only app present in a column of a dashboard or custom page. This ensures all available data in larger apps is visible, and sets the correct view without manual adjustment.
Hardware and software requirements
We at CA Agile Central are committed to making our software easily accessible. You can access CA Agile Central wherever you have an Internet connection via a PC, Linux, or Macintosh computer. Because this software is available through the World Wide Web, many of the constraints regarding which computer and software you use to access this material have been removed.
Nevertheless, it is not possible or practical for us to support every operating system and browser combination that is available. To take advantage of the newest CA Agile Central features, we recommend that you use one of the following fully supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer*
We support the two latest versions of each of these browsers. We do not recommend using development, test, or beta versions of these web browsers. Versions that are not publicly released may not work properly with the CA Agile Central application. In particular we strongly suggest using Chrome.
* Internet Explorer Currently, we support Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 8, and provide limited support for Internet Explorer 7.
- Minimum Adobe Reader 5.0 Microsoft Windows platforms (not Linux)
- Adobe Reader 7.0 or higher recommended
- Minimum 1024 X 768 X 256-color video resolution, 1280 x 1024 recommended.
Defect fixes in Q2
The following defects were resolved and patched during the second quarter of 2012:
- DE11667 - Task Board app does not work correctly after a view is selected
- DE12288 - Refresh query command in Excel Plugin returns incomplete results
- DE12577 - Time tracking option showing incorrectly in some workspace settings pages
- DE12885 - Users can only add a defect with association to a work item once from detail page
- DE12932 - 404 error screen displays when searching for a test set by FormattedID
- DE13325 - Release Task Status page is not printing work item details
- DE13485 - Slice expressions do not work with GET and WSAPI
- DE13512 - Occurrences value not visible for work item fields
- DE13601 - Any user can change shared Kanban app settings
- DE13717 - Some users see a 404 error screen after logging in
- DE13743 - On some pages Owner field drop-down menu showing all users in subscription instead of workspace
- DE13752 - Cannot create or delete notification rules for custom fields with apostrophe characters
- DE13755 - Text can be lost on page when session timeout warning displays
- DE13887 - Cannot change views or move between tabs when using Internet Explorer 9
- DE13896 - Inline icons on Iteration Task Status page are obscured when user story name contains HTML
- DE13937 - Invalid queries in Custom Grid app cause gear icon to disappear
- DE13943 - Kanban settings menu displays too low on boards with many cards
- DE14022 - Inline icons are obscured on scheduled items sections of pages when user story name contains HTML
- DE14027 - Users cannot edit shared pages
- DE14057 - Session timeout warning displays after logging in from previous timeout
- DE14085 - Timezone is not displayed in password reset and lockout emails
- DE14090 - WSAPI continues to report a task after it is deleted
- DE14091 - Custom Grid app missing delete icon when adding to a custom page or dashboard
- DE14131 - Split story window does not display iterations
- DE14137 - Browsing the App Catalog with Internet Explorer 8 displays an insecure content warning
Known issues in Q2
Not all work items may be recovered from the Recycle Bin
Only user stories, portfolio items, defects, test cases, and tasks are recoverable from the Recycle Bin.
Dragging test sets into the backlog on the Plan page
Dragging a test set from an iteration into the backlog on the Plan page will appear to make the test set disappear. The test set is still in CA Agile Central, but it has become unscheduled. To view the test set, go to the Iteration Status page and choose an iteration drop-down value of Unscheduled.
Popup blockers and CA Agile Central
Be aware that some of CA Agile Central’s content is displayed using popup windows. Popup blockers may inhibit this functionality. To correct this, configure your popup blockers to allow CA Agile Central popups.
User story list view displays incorrect summaries when parent stories are shown
Users who have both parent and child stories visible in the List (flat) view on the User Stories page will see summaries at the top of the list that combine parent and child estimates. We are considering fixing this by only showing child stories in this view, and would appreciate your feedback.
Iteration Defect Status printed report shows incorrect totals
The default settings for “Print Report” on Iteration Defect Status work correctly. However, if you deselect “show nested items” the report will indicate that all stories have “no defects”, even if some do. To work around this, make sure you keep “show nested items” checked when printing this report.
Custom Timesheet Reports will display "No Entry" where a custom field should be if CA Agile Central artifact is deleted
If you run a Custom Timesheet Report that includes deleted data, the output will include "No Entry" instead of a custom field name for any deleted work items.
Salesforce.com Integration: Create defect function does not instantly respond
The create defect function found in Salesforce does not immediately provide feedback from the associated CA Agile Central subscription. This may result in the inadvertent creation of multiple defects. Click the button only once to avoid this issue.
Pasting formatted text from MS Word may result in error
Copy-pasting rich-format text into a work item editor from Microsoft Word may result in formatting or system errors. To work around this issue, compose directly in the CA Agile Central work item editors, or convert your entry to plain text before pasting.
Timesheet page appears to hang
Some users may experience an unresponsive Timesheet page when attempting to change weeks. This behavior occurs when there are no tasks displayed on the current page.
To contact CA Agile Central Support, click the Contact Support link in the lower-left corner of CA Agile Central.