2011.3 Release Notes
Release 2011.3 – Updated on August 19, 2011
Copyright © 2003-2011 CA Agile Central Software Development Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
This software contains proprietary and confidential information of CA Agile Central Software Development and its suppliers. Use, disclosure or reproduction is prohibited without the prior express written consent of CA Agile Central Software Development.
These release notes provide pertinent information regarding the additions for CA Agile Central Release 2011.3, hardware and software requirements, compatibility, and known issues for the CA Agile Central Community, Enterprise and Unlimited Editions.
CA Agile Central Unlimited Edition - includes everything in CA Agile Central Enterprise Edition, plus:
- Idea management (CA Agile Central Idea Manager)
- Quality management (CA Agile Central Quality Manager)
- Time tracking (CA Agile Central Time Tracker)
- Enterprise integrations with HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Salesforce.com (CA Agile Central Product Manager and CA Agile Central Support Manager)
- Development sandboxes for testing Apps/Integrations on a copy of your production data
Enhancement areas include:
- Improved searching
- Customizable idea tabs
- User reputation and leaderboard
- A new "Idea interest by company" report
- Improvements to the CA Agile Central integration, such as linking to existing stories, more options for idea status updates
For an exhaustive list of enhancements, click here.
Test sets now accept tasks as associated artifacts. You may create these tasks from the Iteration Task Status page in CA Agile Central, using either inline or editor window options. You can also edit an existing task to create or change the association to a test set.
CA Agile Central Connector for Quality Center now supports HP ALM 11.00 and HP Quality Center 11.00.
CA Agile Central Connector for Quality Center (Test) is now available.
You may now specify whether to include items from parent and child projects, in dashboard panel settings menus.
The App SDK was updated three times, with versions 1.24, 1.25, and 1.26. For a full listing of changes, click here.
Type definitions now return attribute definitions from ancestor types.
You may now choose between Global Project and Specific Project scoping options when displaying Build and SCM Traceability reports.
If two or more people attempt to save edits to the same program concurrently, a message will display giving the option to review or overwrite changes.
The CA Agile Central REST API for .NET provides an intuitive interface to your CA Agile Central Data. It is compatible with any .NET 4.0 language, such as C#, VB.NET, F#, etc. For more information, click here.
The following CA Agile Central work item editors were upgraded, so that if two or more users attempt to save edits concurrently, a message will display giving the option to review or overwrite changes:
- Test folders
- Test case results
You can set up your notifications to include when an artifact (work item, task, and so on) is moved to (or removed from) the Recycle Bin. This notification can be bundled with others so you could receive an email with the subject of "Multiple Changes," instead of simply "DE1103 moved to Recycle Bin."
The following reports and charts can now be added as panels on your dashboard:
- Cycle Time Report - Helps you use past history to estimate how long it might take for work to pass through various CA Agile Central schedule states to acceptance.
- Throughput Report - Helps you use past history to predict how much work your teams may accept in a similar time period.
- Build Health Chart - Characterizes your software builds over the last 30 days.
- Build Health by Iteration Chart - Helps you analyze your build information using time boxes (such as iterations) that are significant to your project.
The Defect Trend Chart displays the cumulative defects activated (opened) versus cumulative terminated (closed) over time.
- The tag picker now shows all un-archived tags even if they have no work items associated with them.
- A grayed tag name in the tag picker indicates the tag has been archived.
- Tags that only differ by case can now be created.
Four new features are available for the Kanban Board App:
- Card aging
- Task summary info
- New color scheme
- Tag filtering
Email support is available for all customers, regardless of subscription status. Community users will now be taken to the Contact Support form when selecting this link.
CA Agile Central’s beta programs get you involved with improving effectiveness and usability of new features before they are released. If you would like to participate, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Web Services API has been revised to version number 1.26. Click the View the Web Services API link from the main Help page to view your Web Services documentation.
Click the API Versioning link under Topics in the left navigation of the Web Services API documentation for details about version changes.
You may access the Web Services API documentation for your subscription by clicking the View the Web Services API link in the Learn CA Agile Central box on the CA Agile Central Help home page.
- Add New
- Added config property cardOptions
- Added method resize
- Added config object parameters: readOnly, enableRanking
- Added getCardBody method to rally.sdk.ui.cardboard.BasicCardRenderer
- Added new default card renderer: rally.sdk.ui.cardboard.StandardCardRenderer
CA Agile Central Data Source
- Added method getAttributesByType
- Added queryParams parameter to create and update methods
- Added object parameter to create and update callbacks
- Now handles types/attributes consistently with rest of SDK components
- Now supports user supplied data
- Added config object parameters: values, data, noDataMessage
- Added destroy method
Link, TextBox, CheckBox, and Dropdown
- Added methods: getComponentValue, setComponentValue
We at CA Agile Central are committed to making our software easily accessible. You can access CA Agile Central wherever you have an Internet connection via a PC, Linux, or Macintosh computer. Because this software is available through the World Wide Web, many of the constraints regarding which computer and software you use to access this material have been removed.
Nevertheless, it is not possible or practical for us to support fully every operating system and browser combination that is available. To take advantage of the newest CA Agile Central features, we recommend that you use one of the following fully supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer - 9.x
- Firefox - 4.x
- Safari - 5.x
- Chrome - 13.x
We recommend using the latest production-level versions of these browsers. Newer browser versions tend to perform better and have fewer bugs. In particular we strongly suggest using Firefox 4.
- Minimum Adobe Reader 5.0 Microsoft Windows platforms (not Linux)
- Adobe Reader 7.0 recommended
- Minimum 1024 X 768 X 256-color video resolution, 1280 x 1024 recommended.
The “contains” operator is not supported in custom grid dashboard panel queries.
Only user stories, defects, test cases and tasks are recoverable from the Recycle Bin.
Dragging a test set from an iteration into the backlog on the Plan page will appear to make the test set disappear. The test set is still in CA Agile Central, but it has become unscheduled. To view the test set, go to the Iteration Status page and choose an iteration dropdown value of Unscheduled.
Be aware that some of CA Agile Central’s content is displayed using popup windows. Popup blockers may inhibit this functionality. To correct this, configure your popup blockers to allow CA Agile Central popups.
CA Agile Central does not support multiple browser instances for a single user. Once you select a new window from an Internet Explorer and Firefox open session of CA Agile Central, problems can arise in both windows or tabs. This behavior could lead to unexpected errors if you try to save changes, filter, sort, or perform other actions.
Notifications using the conditions "owner changed-to/from" will not send against new CA Agile Central work items
If you create a notification rule with ownership changed conditions, and then change the ownership on a CA Agile Central work item that has never had an owner, a notification will not be sent.
Users who have both parent and child stories visible in the List (flat) view on the User Stories page will see summaries at the top of the list that combine parent and child estimates. We are considering fixing this by only showing child stories in this view, and would appreciate your feedback on this.
The default settings for “Print Report” on Iteration Defect Status work correctly. However, if you deselect “show nested items” the report will indicate that all stories have “no defects”, even if some do. To work around this, make sure you keep “show nested items” checked when printing this report.
Custom Timesheet Reports will display "No Entry" where a custom field should be if CA Agile Central artifact is deleted
If you run a Custom Timesheet Report that includes deleted data, the output will include "No Entry" instead of a custom field name for any deleted work items.